So after A LOT of general research I came across this peculiar contract called 09s which allows you to enlist with a guaranteed chance for OCS.http://www.part-time-commander.com/0...ational-guard/
Has anyone done this program? Has anyone even heard of this program being offered in CA? Before you say, head over to the National Guard forums, I posted this question and that forum is dead. I also asked a Natl guard recruiting and he dodged my question insisting I should enlist(not against enlisting at all I just want to know more about this program).
For a more general question most people can answer, is it a good idea to join a reserve force without any active duty exp? I'm thinking of doing service while going to grad school.(sorry I'm indecisive) or should I just forget all this crap and go active duty?
Has anyone done this program? Has anyone even heard of this program being offered in CA? Before you say, head over to the National Guard forums, I posted this question and that forum is dead. I also asked a Natl guard recruiting and he dodged my question insisting I should enlist(not against enlisting at all I just want to know more about this program).
For a more general question most people can answer, is it a good idea to join a reserve force without any active duty exp? I'm thinking of doing service while going to grad school.(sorry I'm indecisive) or should I just forget all this crap and go active duty?

Hell, I still got a scar on my arms from the sim rounds. That's the kinda of training I like, being out in the field. I'm on the enlisted side. Camp SLO is where they have OCS for the Guard and MP school.
Comment