Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Flash hider or Muzzle brake

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Ronyo
    Junior Member
    • Aug 2017
    • 30

    Flash hider or Muzzle brake

    So flash hider is not ok on a California AR, (is this correct?)
    Is muzzle brake ok?
  • #2
    Redeyedrider
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2014
    • 1744

    For featureless, you are correct. You will also need to permanently pin your stock or change to a fixed stock. You will need to swap the pistol grip for a compliant configuration.
    We have too much to lose and so we'll lose it all - sd_shooter
    I try to frame my response to be useful to those observing, with little regard to convince the opponent of my awesomeness - EM2
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's impossible to win an argument with a stupid person - Whitefang
    TRUMP/NUNES

    Comment

    • #3
      Ronyo
      Junior Member
      • Aug 2017
      • 30

      Is muzzle brake on the same category of flash suppressor?

      Comment

      • #4
        Librarian
        Admin and Poltergeist
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Oct 2005
        • 44691

        Originally posted by Ronyo
        Is muzzle brake on the same category of flash suppressor?
        Only to the extent that both are 'things attached to the muzzle of the firearm'.

        There is no legal definition of either, though lots of suggestions how one might identify each type.

        CA DOJ appears to use the rule set -
        1) If any packaging or advertising uses the word 'suppressor', the device is a flash suppressor.
        2) If none of the materials use the word 'suppressor', they'll wing it, since there are no standards to apply.
        ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page

        Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!

        Comment

        • #5
          Ronyo
          Junior Member
          • Aug 2017
          • 30

          Great,
          This sound good, since I want to replace the flush suppressor with a muzzle brake.

          Comment

          • #6
            Ronyo
            Junior Member
            • Aug 2017
            • 30

            Also, if I register it as an assault weapon, do I still have to make it featureless ?

            Comment

            • #7
              Librarian
              Admin and Poltergeist
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Oct 2005
              • 44691

              Originally posted by Ronyo
              Also, if I register it as an assault weapon, do I still have to make it featureless ?
              No -

              do ONE of

              1) register

              2) make fixed mag

              3) make featureless
              ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page

              Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!

              Comment

              • #8
                Ronyo
                Junior Member
                • Aug 2017
                • 30

                That's great,
                So what's the drawback of registering? I hear people crying about it.
                Excuse the ignorance just moved in to California.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Librarian
                  Admin and Poltergeist
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 44691

                  Originally posted by Ronyo
                  That's great,
                  So what's the drawback of registering? I hear people crying about it.
                  Excuse the ignorance just moved in to California.
                  Big topic.

                  See earlier threads -








                  for a few...
                  ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page

                  Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1