Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Completed lower storage

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Gundiver
    Banned
    • Sep 2016
    • 1030

    Completed lower storage

    I bought a completed lower before the deadline to stash away just incase my other ar 15's got stolen or vaporized. Does this lower need to be treated as a RAW and stored in a safe that only i can open? I'd need a separate floor safe or something since the whole idea was to not put all my eggs in one basket and hide this one away.

    Also, this is so stupid but if i stash it under a floorboard or something along those lines would it still need a cable lock through the mag well? Hahaha - absurd but I really need to know.
  • #2
    yotasavg
    Junior Member
    • Jan 2017
    • 18

    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong... but I don't think there's anything to worry about until it's attached to an upper receiver. It's my understanding that a lower receiver, in any state, while NOT attached to an upper receiver is not a complete firearm and by logic cannot be an AW.

    Comment

    • #3
      bootstrap
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2015
      • 1239

      Depends on what kind of upper you have in your possession.

      Comment

      • #4
        PatC415
        • Nov 2014
        • 979

        Right now, nobody really knows. Until the DOJ releases the regs, an overzealous cop could charge you with construction.
        Play it safe.
        Someone please correct me if I am wrong...
        Nothing to fret over till Jan 1, 2018.
        Last edited by PatC415; 03-21-2017, 12:58 PM.
        It's not the fall that kills you, it's the sudden stop at the bottom.

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1