Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

4010A question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jamesaaron61
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2015
    • 20

    4010A question

    I will be moving to California next year and I had a question on the form 4010A. couod I fill it out say a week or two in advance and mail it there to get a jump start on them approving me. I know I have a clean history and am able to possess firearms. I was just curious.

    Also once I'm there I can still go shooting with them while I'm waiting for approval right? It would kinda be the same as if I was visiting correct?

    I've done a fair amount of research over the years in preparation for this move and now that the single shot exemption is dead I can still bring say an AK pistol correct? And are their any on roster AK or AR pistols that are sold in California?
  • #2
    Librarian
    Admin and Poltergeist
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Oct 2005
    • 44691

    4010a?

    Cultural thing - we generally use the names of the forms, since the numbers convey no information.

    I'm guessing you mean the New Resident form. There would be no real benefit - you don't have to wait for anything back, just send in the correctly completed form with the fee.

    There are no AK/AR pistols on the Roster.

    I'm certain you would need the magazine locking device for your AK pistol; see also the handgun flowchart - http://www.calguns.net/caawid/hgflowchart.pdf
    Last edited by Librarian; 03-05-2015, 1:24 AM.
    ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page

    Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!

    Comment

    • #3
      ScottyDoesntMow
      Member
      • Dec 2014
      • 199

      Librarian is correct. I sent mine in back in January and have only just gotten the acknowledgement back for one of my pistols within the last two days. 2 weeks won't help you out tremendously as the DOJ will work at a snails pace regardless. Whether you decide to send it in now or when you get here is entirely up to you.

      Comment

      • #4
        Quiet
        retired Goon
        • Mar 2007
        • 30242

        You need to input your CA DL/ID on the form.
        It's useless to submit the form, without having a valid CA DL/ID (which you can't get until you move to CA and establish residency).
        sigpic

        "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

        Comment

        • #5
          Jamesaaron61
          Junior Member
          • Mar 2015
          • 20

          Ok, thanks guys.

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1