Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Crossbows

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • kris smith
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2011
    • 2058

    Crossbows

    I Dont Know what is the proper section for this so I put it here. I'm looking into getting a crossbow but have no idea about them so I don't want to spend more than 250 to see if o like it. Any input ?
    sent from the depths of my subconscious
  • #2
    Sikvenum93
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2014
    • 2181

    Wrong section. Its under outdoor survival<blades and bows. Check amazon. They have a huge selection.
    Wise men seldom speak. - Arcus

    Comment

    • #3
      L84CABO
      Calguns Addict
      • Mar 2009
      • 8776

      Originally posted by Sikvenum93
      Wrong section. Its under outdoor survival<blades and bows. Check amazon. They have a huge selection.
      What do you want one of those for? Clearly you are up to no good!

      p.s.

      I'd be up to no good too if I had a place to shoot one.
      "Kestryll I wanna lick your doughnut."

      Fighter Pilot

      Comment

      • #4
        Michael_Js
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2013
        • 1090

        Yup! No place will let you shoot them! No places that allow bows will allow you - at least not in San Diego County! With triggers, they are consider like rifles...

        Sportsman guide has tons of them also...

        good luck!
        __________________
        Greater Seattle, WA!!
        NRA, IDPA, 2nd Call

        Comment

        • #5
          peterinsj
          Member
          • Mar 2013
          • 191

          I recently attempted to get back into bow & arrow archery and discovered that due to elbow & shoulder injuries my 53 year old arm simply cannot pull & hold a bow like I could 20 years ago.

          I bought a crossbow from the nearest archery shop (25 mile drive) and then discovered the fact that finding a place to practice was - difficult to say the least. A friend with 10 acres lets me practice on his property; he is 65 and cannot draw his bow either so we practice with our xbows together.

          I have learned how easy & how difficult it is to use a crossbow.

          Best of all was the feeling when I spotted & stalked a hog to make a 30 yd shot!

          I'd suggest looking at Craigslist but be cautious about possible dry fires the crossbow might have had. If the cams look funny or the string is shoddy I'd be suspicious. I paid $400 for my bow - brand new from the shop and have been happy with it but I have ended up putting another $200 into extra arrows, broadheads, target, etc.

          I also have a disabled archer permit so my crossbow is considered archery equipment by the Fish & Wildlife Dept.

          Comment

          • #6
            jkgts1
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            • Apr 2007
            • 590

            I have a Barnett Ghost 350. I like it, when I bought it a year ago it was like $400 though. I shoot it in my back yard, hope it's okay. I have 2 acres and shoot at crossbow specific targets.

            Comment

            • #7
              09cs
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2013
              • 1704

              Oaktree is the only archery range I know of that allows crossbows
              LA CCW:
              Mailed app: 6/23/2021
              Received Call: 4/5/22
              Interview: 4/12/22
              More documentation for GC requested and sent: 6/23/22
              Livescan completed and cleared: 8/3/22 Firearm Livescan Completed: 8/7/22
              Proceed to training email: 9/13/22
              Training doc received: 9/28/22
              Call to pick up: 10/31/22
              Pick up permit: 11/4/22

              Comment

              • #8
                sdkevin
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2013
                • 2248

                Yup! No place will let you shoot them! No places that allow bows will allow you - at least not in San Diego County! With triggers, they are consider like rifles...
                .. always one in the crowd.

                I don't recall reading anywhere in the original post, him asking about his liabilities, nor, where it was legal to shoot it.

                Good points on selecting a bow Pete, I had not considered cam condition.
                Last edited by sdkevin; 11-10-2014, 6:33 AM.
                After watching WTC Bldg #7 being razed, and considering it's main occupants..

                I stumbled onto this note while checking advanced weapons..
                "911 = false flag. WTC 7 was brought down by demolition. 47 floors came down in 6 1/2 seconds - not hit by a plane. Just one of hundreds of absurdities that occurred that day. Wake up".

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1