Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Leatherman multi-tool

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    iluvmycolt
    Veteran Member
    • May 2013
    • 3247

    Originally posted by DavidR310
    All I can say is the MUT is huge. I was planning to edc it but the dang thing almost pulls my pants down! lol Like Chris said, range bag is where it sits.

    Bought a leatherman skeletool cx carbon fiber and love it. For edc it has just the right amount of gizmos on it.

    I guess the right question is what are planning for your leatherman?
    I plan on using it when I go to the range indoor/outdoor.

    Comment

    • #17
      snubbyfan
      Member
      • Aug 2012
      • 274

      I have a Leatherman Wave and the only problem I have is that the nylon pouch won't fail. I do custom leatherwork and plan to make a custom leather pouch when the nylon one fails. It just won't cooperate.
      When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.

      Comment

      • #18
        Laddy
        Senior Member
        • May 2012
        • 558

        SOG Powerassist is what I'm using at the moment......luv SOG

        LT. Col. Kilgore: "What the hell do you know about surfing, Major? You're from goddamned New Jersey!"

        WTB: Dan Wesson ECO .45; PM me

        Comment

        • #19
          6789olds
          Member
          • Feb 2012
          • 111

          Super tool 300 if u want heavy duty . Wave is good for med duty edc and wing man is very affordable and good edc on a budget

          Comment

          • #20
            E Michael
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 2012
            • 2513

            I have had the wave for three years, wife got it for me for my birthday,i use it almost everyday.

            Comment

            • #21
              shooter41022
              Member
              • Jul 2013
              • 162

              skeletool

              Comment

              • #22
                HUTCH 7.62
                In Memoriam
                • Aug 2006
                • 11298

                Originally posted by HUTCH 7.62
                Bought my Brother in Law a Leatherman OHT before he left for Camp Bastion in Helmand Afghanistan. On the recomondation of a USMC reservist at work.
                From our factory in Portland, Oregon, we are committed to bringing you the best multipurpose products to help you solve expected and unexpected problems in everyday life.


                BIL says it was the best present he got all year.
                Some say that he once mooned two prostitutes just for a round of drinks, but wasn't surprised by the reply......They call him, the Hutch
                Some say that he rode a dirtbike 7k miles across the country and that he once applied Bengay to his own testicles for a mere $50............They call him, the Hutch -Top Gear

                http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/...CCAB7CE8D70F60

                Comment

                • #23
                  Seven_Duce
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2011
                  • 1596

                  Get the one with the tools/features you will use

                  I have a(n) OHT(nylon case sucks bottom seam busted), Wave with bit kit, super tool 300 (edc), kick x2, Micra, and a MUT

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    jkrew619
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2009
                    • 1714

                    Originally posted by iluvmycolt
                    I'm in the market for a leatherman mult-tool, but not sure which one to purchase. I'm considering the wave, mut, surge, or the super tool. Any calgunners out there who owns one or two of these leatherman product? I've watched the videos of each tool on leatherman's website, but I'm still undecided. Thought/input/experience/etc...with these tools are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
                    get the leatherman mut - eod. if you have an ar-15 this will be the one.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      TacticalPlinker
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 2011
                      • 2532

                      Originally posted by iluvmycolt
                      I plan on using it when I go to the range indoor/outdoor.
                      Then get the LM MUT.

                      As another member said, it's a large tool. Larger than I expected it to be as well, so my Wave continues to be my EDC, but my MUT goes with me to the range and stays in my EDC backpack. I'm never far from a quality multi-tool, knife or flashlight.
                      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        FearKrew
                        CGSSA Leader
                        • Aug 2012
                        • 360

                        I use my MUT quite a bit... Very useful tool on and off the range.
                        27 Words worth fighting for!
                        A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Bobbear
                          Junior Member
                          • Sep 2013
                          • 18

                          Have you ever considered the Multitasker series 3?

                          Rainier Arms specializes in high-end AR15 parts and accessories—including grips, stocks, uppers, lowers, barrels, and more—from the industry's top-tier manufacturers.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Garyson1311
                            Senior Member
                            • Feb 2009
                            • 539

                            My father gave me his original Leatherman (No idea what model because all it says is "leatherman tool") and that thing is tough as nails and barely shows any signs of wear. I don't EDC it but it goes on backpacking trips, hunting trips, etc.

                            I bought my brother in law a Wingman (he wanted one with a pocket clip) last year for xmas and he loves it.

                            I also bought Leatherman Sidekicks for the my groomsmen (had their names laser etched on, which was cool!) and I just ordered my father in law a leatherman rebar for xmas. From what i've read, the rebar has pretty good reviews and is supposed to be a slightly smaller version of the super tool.

                            Every time i've purchased someone else a Leatherman I have considered getting a new one for myself but then I realize that there is no point because my old "Leatherman tool" works perfectly and now that it's got some vintage nostalga to it!

                            Look at the tools you want, need, and may use, look to see if you want blades that can be accessed from the outside, and decide if you want to pocket clip it or leather/molle/nylon sheath it. If you plan to EDC it, make sure its big enough to have the tools you want but small enough to be comfortable for you to carry because if you find it cumbersome, it'll just collect dust.

                            Leatherman tools are awesome.
                            Last edited by Garyson1311; 12-07-2013, 3:28 PM.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              11HE9
                              Senior Member
                              • May 2011
                              • 771

                              I've had a "Old school" Leatherman for years, always hurt my hand using the pliers. I really didn't like that nothing locked open, I almost cut myself a couple times while using it.

                              I finally went looking for something more comfortable, and safer to use. I have always been a Gerber fan, so I looked there first. Gerber did not disappoint me..

                              This is what I carry in my GHB-


                              Gerber Suspension
                              Last edited by 11HE9; 01-17-2016, 7:20 AM.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                RandyD
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Jan 2009
                                • 6673

                                I have had a Leatherman Supertool for about 15 years, and I am pleased with it. I don't own any other muli-tools, so I can't make a comparison. I keep it on top of a buffet in our dining room, and I use it several times a week, each use saves me a trip to the garage. I also put it in my backpack when going outdoors.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1