Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Crossbow

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ACfixer
    Calguns Addict
    • Feb 2012
    • 6096

    Crossbow

    My shoulder injury is just hell trying to quietly draw my bow, and in a treestand... well even more so. Tennessee allows crossbows in archery season as does Virginia next door, I'm pretty sure I'll just buy a crossbow for this season.

    My question, it will be sight in and hunt duty only, I am not an enthusiast really. I see crossbows that shoot 400fps and better ranging in price from $325 all the way to $5K, the $325 one gets really good reviews. Any reason to spend a couple grand on one?

    Buy made in USA whenever possible.
  • #2
    Librarian
    Admin and Poltergeist
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Oct 2005
    • 44691

    Don't have one, never used one, but these guys have an interesting page with "Choosing the Best Crossbow Suited for You!" - https://forgottenhunter.com/best-crossbows/

    And just for fun, check out Tod's crossbow videos, https://www.youtube.com/user/todsstuff1
    Last edited by Librarian; 06-22-2021, 3:40 PM.
    ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page

    Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!

    Comment

    • #3
      ACfixer
      Calguns Addict
      • Feb 2012
      • 6096

      Good review page Librarian! I guess it boils down to whether or not you want to buy a Ruger American in 300 Win Mag for $400, or a Weatherby Mark V in 300 WBY for $2,400. With guns I tend to do the latter and buy keepsake quality firearms, but I'm just not sure about that when it comes to archery however. I can see people changing their bows n ArcheryTalk etc like changing underwear. Aging archery equipment apparently holds little value much like bicycles or skis.

      I guess I need to pose this question at ArcheryTalk, but I haven't been there for years... some SERIOUS gear snobs there and probably the biggest pack of liars when it comes to hunting since my dad and his brothers. And they always talk smack about crossbows, or did anyway. That might have changed in the last 5 years or so since I posted there.

      If I can buy something that will competently handle 2-3 years of deer hunting for $600 or so, I think that's what I am looking for.

      I've seen a few of Ted's vids before, good stuff!
      Buy made in USA whenever possible.

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1