Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Limb cracks?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Emperor Kuzco
    Junior Member
    • Aug 2017
    • 26

    Limb cracks?

    Hello, new to archery. I just bought a recurve and have been playing with it for the past few days. I heard about limb cracking and decided to take a look. At first glance, all seems well. But when i look really closely, i see very fine lines that crawl up the limbs. I can't FEEL anything. What do you think? Anything to worry aboot? Pics linked.
    Attached Files
  • #2
    grenades42
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2015
    • 920

    Check to make sure your brace height is correct. It would help to have a draw scale.
    I had an issue when I was getting into trad archery. Brace height was too tall so I was reaching the bows full draw weight before I had reached my body’s full draw. The last few inches did not want to give much. I never heard cracking though. I have seen a bow break in half at a archery rendezvous, I don’t think it made any noise until it broke. I believe he modified the shelf / arrow rest himself and it was to much. He was lucky it didn’t hit him in the face.

    If you are worried you can set the brace height lower to lessen the weight of the draw. You may need to change arrow spine if you go real low.

    Comment

    • #3
      racinjason233
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2015
      • 1457

      Don’t pull so hard

      I don’t have any idea. Call Ralph at turners in fountain Valley. He will know.
      Originally posted by smashycrashy
      Damn, you are right, I suck
      Originally posted by OleCuss
      I despise Trump.

      Comment

      • #4
        gotsig
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2008
        • 568

        Can't tell much from the pic, and I am a compound guy. I check my bows by rubbing a cotton ball up abd down the limbs. If the cotton catches and/or snags, take it to a reputable to have it checked over.
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          mossy
          Calguns Addict
          • Dec 2007
          • 7432

          Looks like the same cosmetic defect I have on my ILF limbs. They shoot fine, emailed Lancaster about it They said that it was cosmetic and they gave me a partial refund for the blemish. No issues with them shooting or breaking.

          Last edited by mossy; 03-10-2019, 8:55 PM.
          best troll thread in calguns history
          http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=406739



          burn the circus down cuz the world is full of clowns

          Comment

          • #6
            CVShooter
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2017
            • 1234

            I wouldn't sweat it. As others have said, run a cotton ball over it to see if any splinters are lifting. Vertical lines are pretty common. Horizontal ones are more worrisome to me. If you hear or feel a crack during the draw cycle, then definitely stop & either get it fixed or hang it up for good.

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1