Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Zero Tolerance 0350SWCF

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 09cs
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2013
    • 1704

    Zero Tolerance 0350SWCF

    Any one have experience with it? Thinking of picking one up. I currently carry a Benchmade 710 and love it, but looking for something a little smaller.

    Also eyeballing 0566CF as well. Both are 3.25" blade length.

    Prefer one over the other? The only difference I really saw was the blade shape.

    Last question, legality of the "assist opening" in CA? Specifically LA County. I read that some say it's legal, others say no

    350: http://www.amazon.com/Zero-Tolerance.../dp/B00LQUU9DG

    566: http://www.amazon.com/Zero-Tolerance...eywords=0566CF
    LA CCW:
    Mailed app: 6/23/2021
    Received Call: 4/5/22
    Interview: 4/12/22
    More documentation for GC requested and sent: 6/23/22
    Livescan completed and cleared: 8/3/22 Firearm Livescan Completed: 8/7/22
    Proceed to training email: 9/13/22
    Training doc received: 9/28/22
    Call to pick up: 10/31/22
    Pick up permit: 11/4/22
  • #2
    Librarian
    Admin and Poltergeist
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Oct 2005
    • 44691

    'Assist' is legal. The key term is 'bias towards closure' that excludes such from the switchblade classification. PC 17235, in relevant part:
    "Switchblade knife" does not
    include a knife that opens with one hand utilizing thumb pressure
    applied solely to the blade of the knife or a thumb stud attached to
    the blade, provided that the knife has a detent or other mechanism
    that provides resistance that must be overcome in opening the blade,
    or that biases the blade back toward its closed position.
    ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page

    Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!

    Comment

    • #3
      09cs
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2013
      • 1704

      Originally posted by Librarian
      'Assist' is legal. The key term is 'bias towards closure' that excludes such from the switchblade classification. PC 17235, in relevant part:
      Thanks Librarian! What is the legality of having it "clipped" in my pocked (and being > 3")? Would that be illegal if the clip is exposed? Best to keep it completely in my pocket?
      LA CCW:
      Mailed app: 6/23/2021
      Received Call: 4/5/22
      Interview: 4/12/22
      More documentation for GC requested and sent: 6/23/22
      Livescan completed and cleared: 8/3/22 Firearm Livescan Completed: 8/7/22
      Proceed to training email: 9/13/22
      Training doc received: 9/28/22
      Call to pick up: 10/31/22
      Pick up permit: 11/4/22

      Comment

      • #4
        Librarian
        Admin and Poltergeist
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Oct 2005
        • 44691

        Depends on where you are. In LA City/County, having a knife exposed can be a problem - and discussion here suggests that exposed clip probably equals exposed knife.
        ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page

        Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!

        Comment

        • #5
          09cs
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2013
          • 1704

          Originally posted by Librarian
          Depends on where you are. In LA City/County, having a knife exposed can be a problem - and discussion here suggests that exposed clip probably equals exposed knife.
          LA County
          LA CCW:
          Mailed app: 6/23/2021
          Received Call: 4/5/22
          Interview: 4/12/22
          More documentation for GC requested and sent: 6/23/22
          Livescan completed and cleared: 8/3/22 Firearm Livescan Completed: 8/7/22
          Proceed to training email: 9/13/22
          Training doc received: 9/28/22
          Call to pick up: 10/31/22
          Pick up permit: 11/4/22

          Comment

          • #6
            uxo2
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2008
            • 4003

            The 566 is nice.
            Elmax steel.
            But heavy.

            350 is slimmer but heavy.
            IMHO blade shape is limiting because of its butter knife design


            If your really concerned about the Assisted part.
            Both can be de-assisted easily.


            Instead get a PM2 or a Manix2.


            If you dont want Spyderco but must have a ZT.
            Go with the 566.


            As for the assisted part.
            Depends on county/city and wether you are giving the LEO attitude.

            Here in Orange county. I can buy both at Turners.

            Also buy from a reputable shop. It would suck to get a conterfit from amazon
            and ebay.
            Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
            Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
            One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.
            George Patton

            Comment

            • #7
              09cs
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2013
              • 1704

              Originally posted by uxo2
              The 566 is nice.
              Elmax steel.
              But heavy.

              350 is slimmer but heavy.
              IMHO blade shape is limiting because of its butter knife design


              If your really concerned about the Assisted part.
              Both can be de-assisted easily.


              Instead get a PM2 or a Manix2.


              If you dont want Spyderco but must have a ZT.
              Go with the 566.


              As for the assisted part.
              Depends on county/city and wether you are giving the LEO attitude.

              Here in Orange county. I can buy both at Turners.

              Also buy from a reputable shop. It would suck to get a conterfit from amazon
              and ebay.
              Not a fan of the thumb hole personally on the Spyderco. I'm not dead-set on the ZT, but they did catch my eye.

              What is "limited" by the blade shape? (I assume you're talking about the 350)? my 710 has a slight recurve like the 350 and I haven't found to be limited by it, but that may be because of the bigger blade.

              Funny you mention amazon, ZT is a seller on there lol.
              LA CCW:
              Mailed app: 6/23/2021
              Received Call: 4/5/22
              Interview: 4/12/22
              More documentation for GC requested and sent: 6/23/22
              Livescan completed and cleared: 8/3/22 Firearm Livescan Completed: 8/7/22
              Proceed to training email: 9/13/22
              Training doc received: 9/28/22
              Call to pick up: 10/31/22
              Pick up permit: 11/4/22

              Comment

              • #8
                NiteQwill
                Calguns Addict
                • Dec 2007
                • 6368

                I love my 0566. It's my daily carry. You won't be disappointed if you choose that knife.

                Sent from my phone, excuse the errors.

                The fate of the wounded rest in the hands of the ones who apply the first dressing.

                Comment

                • #9
                  09cs
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2013
                  • 1704

                  Originally posted by NiteQwill
                  I love my 0566. It's my daily carry. You won't be disappointed if you choose that knife.

                  Sent from my phone, excuse the errors.
                  How does it retain an edge?
                  LA CCW:
                  Mailed app: 6/23/2021
                  Received Call: 4/5/22
                  Interview: 4/12/22
                  More documentation for GC requested and sent: 6/23/22
                  Livescan completed and cleared: 8/3/22 Firearm Livescan Completed: 8/7/22
                  Proceed to training email: 9/13/22
                  Training doc received: 9/28/22
                  Call to pick up: 10/31/22
                  Pick up permit: 11/4/22

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    uxo2
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 4003

                    Originally posted by 09cs

                    What is "limited" by the blade shape? (I assume you're talking about the 350)? .
                    The 350 is not as POINTY as other designs.

                    I recommend the 566.
                    Elmax steel is nice.


                    Better yet.

                    Turners usually has both of them to play with
                    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
                    Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
                    One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.
                    George Patton

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      NiteQwill
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Dec 2007
                      • 6368

                      Originally posted by 09cs
                      How does it retain an edge?
                      Very well. The best part of elmax is the durability. It may not hold an edge well as say, S30V, but it sure can take a beating before it begins to turn dull. I have owned my 0566 (and 0560) since it came out, haven't sharpened it yet. (it's my EDC)

                      Sent from my phone, excuse the errors.

                      The fate of the wounded rest in the hands of the ones who apply the first dressing.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        NationsMostWanted
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2010
                        • 972

                        Sorry to butt in but I'm also thinking of getting a zt0350 also but are fakes common? I ordered one off a amazon fulfillment seller that had good reviews but not sure if there's better dealers to use
                        Last edited by NationsMostWanted; 10-01-2015, 10:39 PM.
                        CC/LTC Review Links
                        http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...0#post19921520

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          krisjon
                          Member
                          • Jun 2011
                          • 379

                          I don't have the one with carbon scales, but I've carried a 350 for years. Bulletproof knife and holds a great edge. I beat the crap out of mine and it still looks new. They're beefy, but it carries well.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            09cs
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2013
                            • 1704

                            Originally posted by krisjon
                            I don't have the one with carbon scales, but I've carried a 350 for years. Bulletproof knife and holds a great edge. I beat the crap out of mine and it still looks new. They're beefy, but it carries well.
                            Good to know!
                            LA CCW:
                            Mailed app: 6/23/2021
                            Received Call: 4/5/22
                            Interview: 4/12/22
                            More documentation for GC requested and sent: 6/23/22
                            Livescan completed and cleared: 8/3/22 Firearm Livescan Completed: 8/7/22
                            Proceed to training email: 9/13/22
                            Training doc received: 9/28/22
                            Call to pick up: 10/31/22
                            Pick up permit: 11/4/22

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              crob
                              Senior Member
                              • Sep 2009
                              • 515

                              Carry a 566 every day and I love it. It is a bit on the heavy side, but I appreciate the heft when I use the knife.

                              This guy beats the amazon price and gets stuff out quick.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1