Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

deleted post

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • CentermassX
    Junior Member
    • Jul 2012
    • 21

    deleted post

    Deleted post
    Last edited by CentermassX; 09-08-2012, 5:16 PM.
  • #2
    CentermassX
    Junior Member
    • Jul 2012
    • 21

    The Title of this post should say 1943, i am unsure how to edit it! :/

    Comment

    • #3
      leadstorm
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2008
      • 1191

      Kollmorgen Bear Cub scopes were made from 1956-1959. They are very good quality.

      Scopes marked Stith-Kollmorgen were made earlier, but not in WWII. Kollmorgen made submarine periscopes in WWII, and switched to riflescopes after the war simply to try and stay in business.

      Comment

      • #4
        d33pt
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2012
        • 1642

        Is it in good shooting condition?

        Comment

        • #5
          CentermassX
          Junior Member
          • Jul 2012
          • 21

          Still fires, I was zeroing the scope last week because I heard this scope was quite accurate

          Comment

          • #6
            dinosauraphael
            Member
            • Jan 2012
            • 199

            How accurate is it? Is it c&r?

            Comment

            • #7
              CentermassX
              Junior Member
              • Jul 2012
              • 21

              Bump

              Comment

              • #8
                leadstorm
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2008
                • 1191

                Alright - hold on.

                The US atomic program was authorized October 1941, and the attack on Pearl Harbor was just two months later. No meaningful atomic work happened in those two months. When the work did start it was theoretical physics and fissionable material separation/isolation, and it happened in university labs. It was carried out in the scientific community, not the military. No sort of nuclear testing in the US occurred until later in the war.

                Theoretical physicists are not known for their combat arms skills like sniping.

                The scope was made in the 1950's, not WWII.

                Canada's long gun registration law was abolished in April this year. They do allow handguns.

                I understand sentimental value, but the info you've given simply does not line up with history. You can probably even get the amount you're asking for an '03A3 sporterized after the war with a nice scope, which this appears to be.
                Last edited by leadstorm; 07-19-2012, 8:12 PM.

                Comment

                • #9
                  -vK
                  Member
                  • Feb 2011
                  • 121

                  Agreed.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    nastyhabts26
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2011
                    • 2103

                    Even if it is not true it is at least a very cool story.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      USMC0602
                      Junior Member
                      • May 2012
                      • 5

                      I may be interested, just as a shooter... I have an 03 that has never been fired, so I can't shoot it, and it's worth too much money...

                      I'm guessing you still have it? I work at Camp Pendleton, so right near Oceanside.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1