Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Traded

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • PzKfW
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2007
    • 1005

    Traded

    I sent John Harrison (http://www.harrisoncustom.com )my 70 series and had him do his magic. I had been on the list for a year and a half, waiting. John did the following work, and when he got done, he said that he shot 1.5" groups at 25yds with it, freehand. I haven't shot it since I received it back from him.

    4lb Trigger job
    Reliability package
    High-grip and Serrate frontstrap 20lpi
    Dehorn pistol throughout
    Ed Brown recoil plug
    Fit EGW oversize firing pin stop
    Bomar-style adjustable rear sight
    White dot front sight
    Serrate top of slide 30lpi
    Fit Ed Brown grip safety
    Machine feed ramp to spec
    Wolff springs throughout
    Test fire and sight-in with Tripp & Colt mags
    Hard chrome entire pistol and two colt magazines

    I also had previously had Craig Maravoiv (a well-respected 'smith in NorCal) do the following work, which I waited 6 months for:

    Fit Nowlin stainless match barrel
    Fit Ed Brown trigger, disconnector, sear, and hammer
    Tighten slide/frame fit
    Fit Wilson hardcore extractor
    Lower ejection port
    Fit EGW barrel bushing
    EGW pin kit

    The pistol comes with 2 stainless Tripp research magazines, 2 hard chromed Colt magazines with Tripp kits in them, and a factory blued Colt 7 rounder. Also, I have a Bianchi Cobra holster which goes with the pistol - this is a great holster for practical use.

    I have realized that I simply don't have a use for this beautiful pistol, and so I'd like to convert it to some funds or something I'd use more. I'd like $2500 for this Colt. I have over $3100 invested. John's wait list is currently at nearly two years, and Craig's is getting to be that long (as anyone who knows him can attest). Colt 70 series 1911s are non-rostered. Trade offers for a similar condition Glock 20, M1A, PTR91, or quality FAL are welcome. Thanks for looking!




    Last edited by PzKfW; 03-18-2010, 3:16 PM. Reason: Updated trade options
    sigpic
  • #2
    dtelston
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2010
    • 1508

    beautiful! One of the nicest custom jobs I've seen on a 70 Series...I'd buy it if I didn't already have a couple. Good job on the gun and good luck with the sale, but beware, seller's remorse can be painful
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
    -- George Washington

    Comment

    • #3
      Spdjunkie
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2006
      • 1977

      WOW !!! Simply, Stunning !!!

      Comment

      • #4
        Cyc Wid It
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2009
        • 4485

        Think I saw this one up on LTW... nice, is that trade list exclusive?
        Last edited by Cyc Wid It; 02-23-2010, 5:54 PM.
        WTS all BNIB: Colt S70 Repro, HK45c, Gen4 G19

        Comment

        • #5
          rockman
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2010
          • 1148

          Really sweet pistol! Damm all the pretty ones are so expensive, but worth every penny you are asking for it, you might have nighmares after shes gone.
          Best of luck on your sale.
          Free Bump
          LIFE IS SHORT,DEATH IS FOREVER,SO RELAX AND ENJOY THE RIDE!

          Comment

          • #6
            freshdesigns@hotmail.com
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2004
            • 694

            John Harrison is the MAN! His work is awesome.

            Comment

            • #7
              BigRich
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Nov 2002
              • 788

              You have a PM.
              No one arrives in Hell surprised. (St. Robert Bellarmine)

              Comment

              • #8
                PzKfW
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2007
                • 1005

                Trade pending with hitteam. Thank you for all your kind words, she really is purdy and a fine piece of craftsmanship, but I just can't stand knowing that I'll never use her the way she's built to be used (kinda like having Brooke Burns as your wife, then forgoing any physical contact with her ).
                Last edited by PzKfW; 02-23-2010, 11:01 PM.
                sigpic

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1