Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

SOLD - Irvine

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DenverDuck
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Sep 2007
    • 2458

    SOLD - Irvine

    SOLD
    Last edited by DenverDuck; 05-22-2016, 9:54 AM.
    I Buy Gun Parts, Mags. (Including High Cap.), & Gunsmith Tools.
  • #2
    PWS223
    Member
    • Oct 2015
    • 145

    How about you open a bag and look at the head stamp. so people know what they are buying. It makes no sense.

    Comment

    • #3
      syntaxerror
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2012
      • 760

      Originally posted by PWS223
      How about you open a bag and look at the head stamp. so people know what they are buying. It makes no sense.
      If he does that, that defeats the purpose of the "battle pack".
      ***PSA: Don't be that guy and post "Contact me, I'm interested". Dummy, YOU'RE the one who's interested. YOU contact the seller! ***

      Comment

      • #4
        SonofWWIIDI
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Nov 2011
        • 21583

        If those are the German battle packs, you might be wise to open them and check them out.

        A friend told me he opened his and there was some pitting and lite corrosion on the cases. So I opened mine and found the same thing. They had been stored in the house sealed in an airtight container with moisture absorbent beads. I had them for a few years before I opened them, and originally got them from an online retailer. IIRC, it tuned out that the cardboard holding the rounds had some kind of additive that was found to be mildly corrosive.

        AFAIK, this was only the German stuff.



        Not trying to thread jack or poop on your product OP.
        Sorry, not sorry.
        🎺

        Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!

        Comment

        • #5
          PWS223
          Member
          • Oct 2015
          • 145

          Originally posted by syntaxerror
          If he does that, that defeats the purpose of the "battle pack".
          I don't know many people preparing for a zombie apocalypse
          Also I don't think buyers would want to buy corrosive ammo if they know specially for a new gun

          Ps: you could also vacuum pack the ammo

          Comment

          • #6
            syntaxerror
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2012
            • 760

            Originally posted by PWS223
            I don't know many people preparing for a zombie apocalypse
            Also I don't think buyers would want to buy corrosive ammo if they know specially for a new gun

            Ps: you could also vacuum pack the ammo


            Yea, but there's people out there who are tightwads when it comes to this kind of stuff. I had a guy who I met up with to sell some ammo, refuse to buy the ammo because it didn't come with its original box. If you know the kind of ammo you're buying, you can easily tell if the ammo is legit or not, especially if it's SD ammo.

            OP should open the battle packs and check for corrosion be caused based on the partial label on the battle pack, it definitely looks German and could quite possibly have corroded rounds in there.
            ***PSA: Don't be that guy and post "Contact me, I'm interested". Dummy, YOU'RE the one who's interested. YOU contact the seller! ***

            Comment

            • #7
              SonofWWIIDI
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Nov 2011
              • 21583

              Originally posted by PWS223
              I don't know many people preparing for a zombie apocalypse
              Also I don't think buyers would want to buy corrosive ammo if they know specially for a new gun

              Ps: you could also vacuum pack the ammo
              In this case, the ammo isn't corrosive, it's the packaging it came in.

              But you're right about the corrosive ammo. I have a small amount (bought at a gun show years ago and misrepresented by the guy I bought it from) that I will never use unless it's my last few rounds before the zombies overrun my position.
              Sorry, not sorry.
              🎺

              Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!

              Comment

              • #8
                DenverDuck
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Sep 2007
                • 2458

                Bump
                I Buy Gun Parts, Mags. (Including High Cap.), & Gunsmith Tools.

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1