Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Security Box For Vehicle

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Solidmch
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2007
    • 1325

    Security Box For Vehicle

    I went to the SAR Show in Arizona earlier this month. While I was there I ran into a guy from Glendale Arizona. He owned a Truck Parts Store. He had designed new Security Boxes. Thes are diffrent from the ones I had seen before. They held a large 1911 in them. They were solid steel. The thing that was nice was that it came with a sleeve. I bolted the sleeve to my trunk floor. I can insert the box in the sleeve. It wont budge. Takes a key to get it out.


    I love them.

    He has a website. He is now selling them there. here is the URL


    Matt
    Please spay or neuter your liberals.
  • #2
    U2BassAce
    Senior Member
    • May 2007
    • 1677

    Skirting legality there. Depending on officer that could be a problem.

    Comment

    • #3
      MotoGuy
      Member
      • Apr 2006
      • 292

      Originally posted by U2BassAce
      Skirting legality there. Depending on officer that could be a problem.
      Why? Its a locked container.

      Comment

      • #4
        x-ricer
        Member
        • Jul 2006
        • 116

        locked container yes, but bolted down...becomes part of the vehicle...

        Comment

        • #5
          MotoGuy
          Member
          • Apr 2006
          • 292

          Originally posted by x-ricer
          locked container yes, but bolted down...becomes part of the vehicle...
          Like the trunk? My car doesn't have a factory installed trunk, so can I buy this as an after market trunk? Is there a legal definition of a trunk?

          Comment

          • #6
            U2BassAce
            Senior Member
            • May 2007
            • 1677

            Originally posted by MotoGuy
            Like the trunk? My car doesn't have a factory installed trunk, so can I buy this as an after market trunk? Is there a legal definition of a trunk?

            No like a glove box or center counsel.

            Comment

            • #7
              U2BassAce
              Senior Member
              • May 2007
              • 1677

              I know I know stupid. But I have been told by more than one expert that a bolted down container is a no no. This product is sorta in the grey area as far as that is concerend.

              Look at the center of mass lock boxes. They have a cable you can lock to your seats frame.

              Comment

              • #8
                Spdjunkie
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2006
                • 1977

                Originally posted by U2BassAce
                I know I know stupid. But I have been told by more than one expert that a bolted down container is a no no. This product is sorta in the grey area as far as that is concerend.

                Look at the center of mass lock boxes. They have a cable you can lock to your seats frame.
                Agree, & Your correct with the NO bolted down container. Something like a cable that is "separate" from the vehicle, weird I know. You would think they would want it bolted down.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Solidmch
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2007
                  • 1325

                  Originally posted by U2BassAce
                  I know I know stupid. But I have been told by more than one expert that a bolted down container is a no no. This product is sorta in the grey area as far as that is concerend.

                  Look at the center of mass lock boxes. They have a cable you can lock to your seats frame.
                  The sleeve is bolted down. The box locks into the sleeve. Please show me one example in the Penal code where it says the box cannot be tempararly secured. Your trunk is a container part of the car.
                  Last edited by Solidmch; 12-24-2007, 11:22 PM.
                  Please spay or neuter your liberals.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Solidmch
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2007
                    • 1325

                    WHERE???

                    12026.1. (a) Section 12025 shall not be construed to prohibit any
                    citizen of the United States over the age of 18 years who resides or
                    is temporarily within this state, and who is not within the excepted
                    classes prescribed by Section 12021 or 12021.1 of this code or
                    Section 8100 or 8103 of the Welfare and Institutions Code, from
                    transporting or carrying any pistol, revolver, or other firearm
                    capable of being concealed upon the person, provided that the
                    following applies to the firearm:
                    (1) The firearm is within a motor vehicle and it is locked in the
                    vehicle's trunk or in a locked container in the vehicle other than
                    the utility or glove compartment.
                    (2) The firearm is carried by the person directly to or from any
                    motor vehicle for any lawful purpose and, while carrying the firearm,
                    the firearm is contained within a locked container.
                    (b) The provisions of this section do not prohibit or limit the
                    otherwise lawful carrying or transportation of any pistol, revolver,
                    or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person in
                    accordance with this chapter.
                    (c) As used in this section, "locked container" means a secure
                    container which is fully enclosed and locked by a padlock, key lock,
                    combination lock, or similar locking device.
                    Please spay or neuter your liberals.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Grouch
                      Banned
                      • May 2007
                      • 765

                      (1) The firearm is within a motor vehicle and it is locked in the
                      vehicle's trunk or in a locked container in the vehicle other than
                      the utility or glove compartment.
                      this new container is neither the vehicles original utility or glove compartment. I see nothing illegal about it.

                      If there was, then anyone placing their rifle in a truck box or in the storage areas in the bed area that some new trucks have would also be illegal storage.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        jandmtv
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Oct 2007
                        • 5800

                        its a nice design, i like it.

                        as for it not being legal... rubbish, the box itself is not bolted to the car, the sleeve is. the box just locks down onto the sleeve, same as if you used a cable lock to lock it down to the sleeve. since the box can be removed from the sleeve and it isnt bolted down in any way, its legal by any definition.

                        i might have to get one of these, im going to move to las vegas soon, and i plan on getting a ccw when i get there, i can use this to store my gun when i enter places of business that dont honor ccw. or any govt. building.
                        Looking for RPR or Precision Rifle Accessories? Check out Anarchy Outdoors. http://www.anarchyoutdoors.com?afmc=1w

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Rumpled
                          Senior Member
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 1636

                          As for use in CA, I'd keep this far enough away to not be accessible to the driver. So it's not a "glovebox" or "console".
                          I used to have a Wrangler with a great steel locking center console, but never considered it legal to keep a handgun there.
                          I also had another box in the rear that would be allowed.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1