just got one of these for my 204 ruger.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
decent scope cheap 59.99
Collapse
X
-
decent scope cheap 59.99

I dunno, I've never been much for guns. I mean, sure, we have the usual gun by the door, another near the TV, one in the kitchen, and another in the bedroom...and several others laying around. For the most part though, we keep our home free of guns. We are peace loving folks.Tags: None -
I bought one of these for my Stevens 200. I wasn't expecting much, but the previous optics had gone onto my OLL and I needed something that wouldn't hurt my bank account for a shooting trip last weekend. Since my plan for that gun from the begining was a budget gun, budget optics didn't seem to out of reason.
The glass seems pretty good considering the price. It was very crisp up to 20-22X, and wasn't bad at 24X. Clear enough to clearly see .224 holes on black at 100 yards.
The adjustable objective is sticky below 50 yards and between 200 yards and 400 yards. It will adjust (and the focus seems properly calibrated), but it's not very smooth at points.
The power ring adjusts smoothly.
The illuminated reticle does ok at the low power settings, but gives off a halo in the tube when you start to crank it up.
I didn't have time to 'shoot the box' with it at the range last week when mounting it up and zeroing it, but the up / down and right / left adjustments on the turret didn't seem to work in a completely linear fashion (16 clicks seemed like 1.5" @ 100 yards, and then 20 clicks might be 3"). I'll have to run some tests on that when I've got more time.
It doesn't compare favorably with the Burris Fullfield II line, and isn't even close to the Burris Signature series. On the other hand, it's a lot less expensive. I'm not disapointed in it as a $60 scope -it's far and away the best scope I've bought for under $100. I would not have been happy if I'd paid full price ($180-$200) for it. -
thanks for the info.I'll post a review when mine arrives on the 17th.
I have a 3.5-10x truglow I paid 100 for,its not the finest scope made but the glass was pretty clear as long as theres no glare from the sun in front of you.
I hope the mildot is correct I want practice using that.just dont have a huge budget for optics as I'm trying to keep aquiring guns at this time.(obama)
I dunno, I've never been much for guns. I mean, sure, we have the usual gun by the door, another near the TV, one in the kitchen, and another in the bedroom...and several others laying around. For the most part though, we keep our home free of guns. We are peace loving folks.Comment
-
post a quick review when you get them.
I dunno, I've never been much for guns. I mean, sure, we have the usual gun by the door, another near the TV, one in the kitchen, and another in the bedroom...and several others laying around. For the most part though, we keep our home free of guns. We are peace loving folks.Comment
-
Got mine today.Seams pretty good for 74 and some change shipped.Going to order another to have on hand. better than a bushnell banner in my opinion.
same complaints with parellax adjustment.sticks and is hard to turn in several spots.note my turrets where loose and needed tightning with suplied wrench may be problem ugly dwarf was having as the would slip a little.as soon as I get my rifle I'll find out.same halo complaint but doubt I'll use the illuminated feature much any way.just like the way the back of the scope looks with it.seems worthless otherwise to me but what do I know.next scope may be a nightforce for another rifle that may be on it's way soon.
I dunno, I've never been much for guns. I mean, sure, we have the usual gun by the door, another near the TV, one in the kitchen, and another in the bedroom...and several others laying around. For the most part though, we keep our home free of guns. We are peace loving folks.Comment
-
orderd two more.
I dunno, I've never been much for guns. I mean, sure, we have the usual gun by the door, another near the TV, one in the kitchen, and another in the bedroom...and several others laying around. For the most part though, we keep our home free of guns. We are peace loving folks.Comment
-
I ordered one last week. Didn't even see this thread until now.
I was actually looking for components from Natchez, but struck out on that. O well, at least it wasn't a wasted surf. Hopefully the scope works out, just gotta get another rifle to mount it on. I'm thinkin' .22WMR.
Comment
-
22wmr
I would get a 17hmr ammo is a little cheaper.that being said I like my 22wmr.I ordered one last week. Didn't even see this thread until now.
I was actually looking for components from Natchez, but struck out on that. O well, at least it wasn't a wasted surf. Hopefully the scope works out, just gotta get another rifle to mount it on. I'm thinkin' .22WMR.
I was looking for ammo when I found the scope.couldent pass it up.
I dunno, I've never been much for guns. I mean, sure, we have the usual gun by the door, another near the TV, one in the kitchen, and another in the bedroom...and several others laying around. For the most part though, we keep our home free of guns. We are peace loving folks.Comment
-
Got 2 .17's already.
Plenty of .22lr's too. Well, almost enough. Just need some of those damned elusive good deal .22 magnums & .17hmr-2's.
Still waiting on the scope, tracking says it's ~150 miles from me... should be here tomorrow.Comment
-
I emailed truglow to ask them if this scope would hold up on a 50bmg as I'm getting a 50 dtc that needs a temporary scope till I can get a nxs. There reply was that it should hold up and that these scopes are made for natchez to there specs and are very popular.
I dunno, I've never been much for guns. I mean, sure, we have the usual gun by the door, another near the TV, one in the kitchen, and another in the bedroom...and several others laying around. For the most part though, we keep our home free of guns. We are peace loving folks.Comment
-
I have been looking for a lower price decent scope. I think this is going to be the winner. Thanks for posting this.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,573
Posts: 25,149,380
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,901
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 26329 users online. 102 members and 26227 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment