Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Cerakote..My First Attempt

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jcbvh
    Junior Member
    • Jul 2013
    • 42

    Cerakote..My First Attempt

    Here is the starting piece. Remington R1 1911:



    Blasted and Soaked in Acetone/ Degassed per instructions:



    Cerakote applied and cured in kiln:



    Final Product - Changed the hammer,beavertail,trigger (Wilson Combat), and grips (Fusion Firearms)







    I wasn't sure how the recoil spring tube was going to wear so I didn't exactly worry about coating the whole thing properly since you don't see it. I plan to reblast and recoat once I get an idea.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

    ARFCOM Team Member
    NRA Life Member
    LSA Member

    sigpic
  • #2
    LONGRANGER777
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2013
    • 581

    Looks great..like to see how it holds up after a few hundred rounds...i want to redo my old p89 ...

    Comment

    • #3
      Gringo Bandito
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2006
      • 1835

      Wow! Nice work!

      Comment

      • #4
        claylakers
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2012
        • 2807

        Nice!

        Comment

        • #5
          jcbvh
          Junior Member
          • Jul 2013
          • 42

          Originally posted by LONGRANGER777
          Looks great..like to see how it holds up after a few hundred rounds...i want to redo my old p89 ...
          I have a SIG Desert which comes Cerakoted FDE from SIG.

          Put 500 rounds through it 2 weeks ago, still perfect. I think you would be GTG.
          ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

          ARFCOM Team Member
          NRA Life Member
          LSA Member

          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            Webologist
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2010
            • 650

            Nice work. It's gorgeous!
            sigpic

            Comment

            • #7
              BowtieBill
              Member
              • Jan 2013
              • 116

              Very Nice!

              Comment

              • #8
                kcstott
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Nov 2011
                • 11796

                Wait wait wait one minute here you can apply cerokote with out going to there Professional applicators class.

                Seriously Beautiful work and all the better that you did it.

                Comment

                • #9
                  jcbvh
                  Junior Member
                  • Jul 2013
                  • 42

                  Thanks Gents!
                  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

                  ARFCOM Team Member
                  NRA Life Member
                  LSA Member

                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    valley82
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2011
                    • 2768

                    Looks real nice...way better that you did it yourself.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      tr6guns
                      Senior Member
                      • Mar 2013
                      • 646

                      Dam nice job, I like the contrasting finishes..

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        RAMCLAP
                        Veteran Member
                        • Nov 2012
                        • 2969

                        Wow. That's artistry right there. That looks fantastic. Congrats.
                        Psalm 103
                        Mojave Lever Crew

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          pisarski
                          Senior Member
                          • Aug 2009
                          • 740

                          that looks awesome good work

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            jcbvh
                            Junior Member
                            • Jul 2013
                            • 42

                            Thanks guys!
                            ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

                            ARFCOM Team Member
                            NRA Life Member
                            LSA Member

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              SonofWWIIDI
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Nov 2011
                              • 21583

                              Looks nice!
                              Sorry, not sorry.
                              🎺

                              Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1