Well, I've had an M59 receiver with a crap barrel for about 8 years and finally decided to try replacing it.
The gunsmith got the old one off pretty easily (yes, Randall/AR15 Barrels is awesome), but we soon found that the 1950 Russian donor barrel from my parts bin would not time properly. Way, way off, in fact. I hoped to get lucky, but nope.
So I've go a new 22" 59/66 barrel on order via Numrich. Anyone have experience with this replacement procedure? I'm assuming that I'm on the right track as a lot of m59s were re-arsenaled to become 59/66s.
Also, I'm hoping to populate the new Yugo barrel with sights, gas block from my Russian donor barrel. Am I delusional?
Provided it all go as planned, we'll cut/re-crown the new barrel down from the 22" length.
The gunsmith got the old one off pretty easily (yes, Randall/AR15 Barrels is awesome), but we soon found that the 1950 Russian donor barrel from my parts bin would not time properly. Way, way off, in fact. I hoped to get lucky, but nope.
So I've go a new 22" 59/66 barrel on order via Numrich. Anyone have experience with this replacement procedure? I'm assuming that I'm on the right track as a lot of m59s were re-arsenaled to become 59/66s.
Also, I'm hoping to populate the new Yugo barrel with sights, gas block from my Russian donor barrel. Am I delusional?
Provided it all go as planned, we'll cut/re-crown the new barrel down from the 22" length.
