Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Semi Auto MG42 Build

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Kiwi
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2012
    • 545

    Semi Auto MG42 Build



    Before we start the next run of Bren guns I thought I would share our MG42 / M53 build. Kits are still out there and can be found at a reasonable price. We will be building 3 of these and will cover 3 different styles of build. Stay tuned!
  • #2
    freonr22
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Dec 2008
    • 12948

    Tag
    sigpic
    Originally posted by dantodd
    We will win. We are right. We will never stop fighting.
    Originally posted by bwiese
    They don't believe it's possible, but then Alison didn't believe there'd be 350K - 400K OLLs in CA either.
    Originally posted by louisianagirl
    Our fate is ours alone to decide as long as we remain armed heavily enough to dictate it.

    Comment

    • #3
      69Mach1
      Super Moderator
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Jan 2006
      • 15032

      Please pm me prices. thanks
      sigpic
      69Mach1
      munkeeboi
      TURBOELKY
      antix2
      WTSGDYBBR
      tujungatoes
      jmpgnr24K

      Comment

      • #4
        Kiwi
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2012
        • 545



        We will be building 3, each on a different type of receiver. The first is a close to 100% receiver made by WIse LIte Arms.

        Comment

        • #5
          Kiwi
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2012
          • 545



          The second gun will be built off BRP 80% receiver. These are a great deal if you are looking to put one together. I think BRP was selling these for around $500

          Comment

          • #6
            Kiwi
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2012
            • 545



            These are half receiver stampings. We will weld these together and cut out all the slots and holes. The cheapest way to start the project if you are confident with your welding skills and measuring of the required slots and hole locations

            Comment

            • #7
              Kiwi
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2012
              • 545



              Now the semi auto and build parts. Again one of these will be built off the old BRP pattern where we will do the bolt modifications

              Comment

              • #8
                Kiwi
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2012
                • 545



                And the other two will use the new semi auto bolt.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Kiwi
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2012
                  • 545

                  The plan to is to build each receiver up to 100% before we do the front end mods and join it to the front, then we will go over each of the bolt mods. Then you us here in CA we will make a custom bullet button and belt catch.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    00Medic
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2011
                    • 1941

                    Tag! I gotta follow this one.
                    Originally posted by TeddyBallgame
                    I've never understood why any of our Constitutional rights are governed by the very institution they were put in place to protect us from.
                    Originally posted by POLICESTATE
                    It is not wise to create criminals where none exist. Especially when those newly-minted criminals may or may not be heavily armed with guns you know nothing about.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Dead*Reckoned
                      Veteran Member
                      • May 2010
                      • 2643

                      Why not just featureless and weld the flash hider with a washer?

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        oddjob
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2003
                        • 2399

                        tag!!

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Kiwi
                          Senior Member
                          • Oct 2012
                          • 545

                          Originally posted by Dead*Reckoned
                          Why not just featureless and weld the flash hider with a washer?
                          I don't like featureless builds and grip wraps. They take away from the originality of the gun (in my opinion) I prefer to make a bullet button and belt catch. I have so far converted two featureless mg34 built by TNW to my design, but its all personal preference.
                          Last edited by Kiwi; 07-02-2014, 11:55 PM.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            bigguns85
                            Senior Member
                            • Jan 2013
                            • 1127

                            this will be epic thread. I vote sticky when its finished
                            Norman Thomas - "The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of "liberalism" they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing what happened.
                            Winston Churchill -We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. - If you have ten thousand regulations, you destroy all respect for the law. "

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              SonofWWIIDI
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Nov 2011
                              • 21583

                              Nice!
                              Sorry, not sorry.
                              🎺

                              Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1