Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

first attempt at yugo m70

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • shortround13
    Member
    • Feb 2013
    • 253

    first attempt at yugo m70

    so I've got my kit 90% demilled, barrel populated, flat bent. as of now I have 2 major questions.

    on the rear trunion, the dust cover catch pin, how do you disassemble it to finish taking the trunion off the old receiver (and then back in the new one)

    and, using the ak builder 1.5mm bending jig, the receiver doesn't sit flush on the front trunion bulges in the rails. more so on the left side. I'm finding out that the 1.5mm is ALOT beefier than the 1mm...so tweaking by hand doesn't work as well. It looks like I need to bend the radius of the rail of the bulge in the receiver down a little bit so that it slides into the trunion. also any tips for fine tuning so the bolt carrier slides freely would be nice...

    thanks
  • #2
    VIctor P
    Junior Member
    • Sep 2010
    • 51

    123456789
    Last edited by VIctor P; 07-06-2022, 6:52 PM. Reason: Happy days

    Comment

    • #3
      yari
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2010
      • 908

      The dust cover pin is treaded to a round washer looking but, opposite the button side. Should have a grove in it for a flat screw driver. When you rivit the front trunnion in give the flat a good tap with a mallet to get it in the trunnion grooves. As for the rails don't file them, if it looks hour glass shaped spread then a little at a time till you can cycle by hand then go shoot it. After the first 100 or so rounds it will have worked its self in.

      Comment

      • #4
        shortround13
        Member
        • Feb 2013
        • 253

        So before I rivet while im drilling the holes, whats the best way to seat the receiver to align the holes? Just clamp it in while I drill?

        Sent from my SGH-M919N using Tapatalk

        Comment

        • #5
          yari
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2010
          • 908

          Yes clamp it.

          Comment

          • #6
            valley82
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2011
            • 2768

            Originally posted by yari
            Yes clamp it.
            Yep. And once you get one drilled drop a rivot into the hole so that you are sure it is aligned.

            Comment

            • #7
              shortround13
              Member
              • Feb 2013
              • 253

              Yea I've done that on my previous builds. This is my first time playing with the 1.5's. Took a little finagling but I got the receiver to sit pretty decent on the trunion last night. A little tight but should snug up good when its riveted.

              Sent from my SGH-M919N using Tapatalk

              Comment

              • #8
                shortround13
                Member
                • Feb 2013
                • 253

                Oh and thanks for the tips. Used a pair of snap ring pliers and got the dust cover catch off.

                Sent from my SGH-M919N using Tapatalk

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1