Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Bronze plating a reciver?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Danietkissenle
    Junior Member
    • Jun 2011
    • 31

    Bronze plating a reciver?

    I just bought non anodized areo persion receiver set online and was wanting to get it bronze plated in stead of getting it it anodized. is that a mistake that i am going to regret later on. would the bronze plating have any advantages over the anodizing?
  • #2
    kcstott
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Nov 2011
    • 11796

    no advantages but the thickness of the plating would screw things up.

    Why not Cerokote it in a Bronze color?? that way you have no thickness layer to worry about.

    Comment

    • #3
      bohoki
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jan 2006
      • 20826

      you mean like babyshoes?

      Comment

      • #4
        Danietkissenle
        Junior Member
        • Jun 2011
        • 31

        im not quite sure about baby shoes. what im talking about is electroplating it like you would zinc plating on nuts and bolts except with bronze?

        Comment

        • #5
          kurac
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2005
          • 2917

          Bronze is a Copper/Tin alloy, not sure it can be applied to aluminum. If I had to guess, I would say not, probably would be some kind of dielectric effect.
          www.culinagrips.com
          "custom grips for shooters by shooters"

          Comment

          • #6
            kcstott
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Nov 2011
            • 11796

            Originally posted by bohoki
            you mean like babyshoes?
            I think he's a wee bit to young to know what that is. I still have mine.
            Originally posted by kurac
            Bronze is a Copper/Tin alloy, not sure it can be applied to aluminum. If I had to guess, I would say not, probably would be some kind of dielectric effect.
            Depends on how much you want to spend. they can aluminum plate plastic so it just a matter of finding a place that can do it.

            They chrome plate aluminum all the time and copper is used as the base metal.
            Last edited by kcstott; 01-08-2014, 5:29 PM.

            Comment

            • #7
              hamster07
              Junior Member
              • Sep 2012
              • 77

              It is doable, https://www.vbd.com/noc/shop/product...&ProductID=127

              Comment

              • #8
                valley82
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2011
                • 2768

                It is doable but why?

                Comment

                • #9
                  kcstott
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Nov 2011
                  • 11796

                  Originally posted by hamster07
                  Thats not bronze plated. That is silicone aluminum bronze alloy. Heavy as hell and a pain to machine.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1