Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Paging all Mac Knowledgeables

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • RANGER295
    Administrator
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Sep 2006
    • 4002

    Paging all Mac Knowledgeables

    I have spent quite a few hours reading on the topic and have a few questions. I want to build a M11/9 with that uses Sten mags. I have a few sets of blueprints and am planning on making the flats and jigs myself (unless there is someone in the Stockton area that has a set of bending jigs they would be willing to let me use. So here are my questions...
    1. Does anyone have plans in a DXF format or any other convertable cad file format so I could cut it out using a CNC machine? I am working on drawing one up but the program I am using is really not made for this type of drafting and it is slow going. I need to get a copy of Solidworks.
    2. I have plans for the mag well for standard M11 mags. Does anyone have blueprints for a Sten mag well or could you give me the dimensions so I could come up with a set?
    3. My research indicates that the mag opening on the receiver needs to be a different size if you are using the Sten mags but I can not find blueprints for it or exact dimensions. Can anyone help me with this part?
    4. Does anyone have a flat that they could take a picture of with printed logo that I can email the file for? I have some software that if you take a picture of a part with the sofware logo it detects the contors and dimensions it. I am not sure if it would be acurate enough to do this but thought I might give it a try.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    ~Ben Franklin

    159
  • #2
    Centaine
    Member
    • Aug 2013
    • 222

    No cad files but I have prints for a m11 receiver using the standard magwell for zytels if u need em. For the logo pic do you need it specifically to be from a flat or?

    ETA: for logo




    Also just as an fyi, sten mags arent any more reliable than the zytel mags. The main reason for the conversion is because the sten mags are so darn cheap compared the zytels that are like 50 apiece. In my opinion the conversion isnt worth it when one can just upgrade their zytel mags to steel feed lips and cure the problem.
    Last edited by Centaine; 10-19-2013, 10:30 AM. Reason: eta

    Comment

    • #3
      RANGER295
      Administrator
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Sep 2006
      • 4002

      Originally posted by Centaine
      No cad files but I have prints for a m11 receiver using the standard magwell for zytels if u need em. For the logo pic do you need it specifically to be from a flat or?

      ETA: for logo




      Also just as an fyi, sten mags arent any more reliable than the zytel mags. The main reason for the conversion is because the sten mags are so darn cheap compared the zytels that are like 50 apiece. In my opinion the conversion isnt worth it when one can just upgrade their zytel mags to steel feed lips and cure the problem.
      Thank you. The logo that I was talking about is the cad software's logo. You print it out, put the part on the paper with the logo or at least have the logo in the picture, and the software detects the lines of the part and sizes them based on the logo which is a known size. I have mixed success with it but thought it might be worth a shot.

      Are the prints you are talking abut the standard ones that are floating around the internet? One is by Ironwulf and the other I cant remember but it has a SMG drawing? If you have something different, that would be fantastic.

      I am not using the sten gun mags because of reliability. I am using them because I have half a dozen or more Sten mags that I had before the ban. I am not sure how many are there but there is a box of them that I have not opened for 15 years or so sitting in my shop. It is one of those boxes that has been through four moves and never opened.
      "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
      ~Ben Franklin

      159

      Comment

      • #4
        Centaine
        Member
        • Aug 2013
        • 222

        The ones I have would be the ones you mentioned, ironwulf etc.. Have u looked around on weaponerdotnet? They might have cad files or different prints for the receiver over there, not sure but I can check.

        Comment

        • #5
          RANGER295
          Administrator
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Sep 2006
          • 4002

          Originally posted by Centaine
          The ones I have would be the ones you mentioned, ironwulf etc.. Have u looked around on weaponerdotnet? They might have cad files or different prints for the receiver over there, not sure but I can check.
          That is where I got Ironwulf IIRC. They do not have any CAD files but when I finish mine, I will probably post them there.
          "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
          ~Ben Franklin

          159

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1