Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Uzi receiver build

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • sdlocalkid85
    Member
    • Sep 2012
    • 114

    Uzi receiver build

    I want to know if anyone has experience building a uzi receiver from either;

    1) demilled receiver, welded back together and ground clean
    2) receiver repair sections welded to a new receiver center section
    3) a 80% flat that was bent with a jig

    I am not sure which route would be the easiest and make the best functioning recveiver. I already know what parts kit to get and where to find a barrel but I havent found any real information as to which method makes the best receiver in relation to tolerances on the original gun. I have a few different builds under my belt and would love to build a uzi. Please post any info, thanks and happy shooting!
  • #2
    nicoroshi
    www.Buildyourownak.info
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Jan 2009
    • 3696

    I have done an Uzi re-weld using original front, and rear stubs, and a center repair section from GunBroker.
    Turned out sweet, and really was a pretty simple build.

    Thread here>>>

    >>>>>My Build Your Own AK eBooks<<<<<

    Comment

    • #3
      ar15barrels
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jan 2006
      • 57182

      I have also re-welded an uzi kit with a repair center section.
      Randall Rausch

      AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
      Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
      Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
      Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
      Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

      Comment

      • #4
        hawaii five-0
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2007
        • 707

        The repair section is pretty simple.

        Comment

        • #5
          vpravada
          Member
          • Feb 2013
          • 312

          I've just started researching these, where did you get the parts kit?

          Comment

          • #6
            ar15barrels
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jan 2006
            • 57182

            Originally posted by vpravada
            I've just started researching these, where did you get the parts kit?
            Apex has them.
            Randall Rausch

            AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
            Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
            Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
            Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
            Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

            Comment

            • #7
              OuTLaw123
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2011
              • 1243

              Originally posted by nicoroshi
              I have done an Uzi re-weld using original front, and rear stubs, and a center repair section from GunBroker.
              Turned out sweet, and really was a pretty simple build.

              Thread here>>>
              http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=789319
              Oh my that's beautiful

              Comment

              • #8
                nicoroshi
                www.Buildyourownak.info
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Jan 2009
                • 3696

                Originally posted by OuTLaw123
                Oh my that's beautiful
                It's coming to the BP with me.
                Hit me up if you'd like to give her a spin.

                >>>>>My Build Your Own AK eBooks<<<<<

                Comment

                • #9
                  OuTLaw123
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2011
                  • 1243

                  Originally posted by nicoroshi
                  It's coming to the BP with me.
                  Hit me up if you'd like to give her a spin.
                  I'm on top if the waiting list so well see but I would love too!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    sdlocalkid85
                    Member
                    • Sep 2012
                    • 114

                    sweet man I appreciate it, definitely makes me more confident. So after you welded the front and rear pieces to the receiver section, did you clean up the inside weld slag? I plan on using a a TIG welder to precisely joint the two pieces together to avoid it as much as possible. Just want to make sure I am going about this in the easiest and cleanest way possible

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      nicoroshi
                      www.Buildyourownak.info
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 3696

                      Tig would be the cats meow.
                      I mig welded mine, and cleaned both inside, and outside with dremel, and files.
                      You'll have far less work with a tig welder but watch heat. That receiver likes to pull when you weld it.
                      I had to cut, and re-weld one joint on mine because the barrel fit fine before weld (clamped in place), and was out of line after weld. It didn't move side to side but up, and down when I welded the bottom front (trunnion was already in front stub (F.A.), and I used a GM F.A. barrel turned down in the back to fit a semi-auto bullet guide)

                      >>>>>My Build Your Own AK eBooks<<<<<

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1