Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

SEMI AUTO RPD Build

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Kiwi
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2012
    • 545

    SEMI AUTO RPD Build



    With all the nonsence hopefully not coming our way I decided to finish up some of the easy builds I had slotted for this year. On this one I will be building a semi auto RPD.
  • #2
    CAL.BAR
    CGSSA OC Chapter Leader
    • Nov 2007
    • 5632

    better hurry!

    Comment

    • #3
      whlgun
      Veteran Member
      • May 2006
      • 3057

      I am jealous!
      Rights modified on a "need" basis, IS the root of tyranny
      Its not the Bill of Needs. Its the Bill of RIGHTS

      Comment

      • #4
        Kiwi
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2012
        • 545

        Originally posted by CAL.BAR
        better hurry!
        I actually stocked up on receivers at the beginning of the year. You know how it goes, buy the receiver and build it later. Problem is I am an impatient person and every time I look in the vault I see it (along with others) staring back at me so I couldn't wait any longer, and a good thing I did, these intact barrel kits are drying up. Good thing 100% semi receivers are still out there.

        Comment

        • #5
          Gutz
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          • Jan 2013
          • 4127

          This I look forward to!!!
          1A - 2A= -1A :(

          Comment

          • #6
            Kiwi
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2012
            • 545



            I will be using a wise lite semi receiver for this build. Project Guns also makes a 100% receiver as does DSA, if you can find one.

            Comment

            • #7
              Kiwi
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2012
              • 545



              You will also need a semi conversion kit. MGS was selling these but most MFG's that make the receiver also sell this kit. It has the FCG and striker assembly.

              Comment

              • #8
                Kiwi
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2012
                • 545



                First thing we need to do is strip down our parts kit and remove the receiver stub. After knocking out the cross pin you will need to make a cut along the underside of the receiver stub to release pressure off the barrel threads. Be careful and don't go too deep. you will hear a pop when it breaks.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Kiwi
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2012
                  • 545



                  This is what we will be working with

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Ajaxx
                    Senior Member
                    • Jan 2010
                    • 916

                    I wish you were closer, I have a kit I'd like to build also.
                    http://refer.dwolla.com/a/clk/2pYWzQ
                    Use this link to sign up with Dwolla, screw PP

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Kiwi
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2012
                      • 545

                      Originally posted by Ajaxx
                      I wish you were closer, I have a kit I'd like to build also.
                      If you already have a receiver you could send it all to me to build. As long as the receiver is registered it wont matter what happens the 1st of the year.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        D Day Dog
                        Member
                        • Feb 2010
                        • 135

                        Nice RPD kit - hope you get it built dude.
                        I'm the NRA. And I vote.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Dan FS71
                          Member
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 403

                          tag - keep the faith

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Kiwi
                            Senior Member
                            • Oct 2012
                            • 545



                            Lets start with the semi auto mods. The lower needs to be fitted to the receiver to close this gap.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Kiwi
                              Senior Member
                              • Oct 2012
                              • 545



                              Here it is unmodified.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1