Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Still have AK front sight issue

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Zamble
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2011
    • 2354

    Still have AK front sight issue

    Ok, so I removed the pins from the front sight post. I adjusted it counter clockwise. Ran the drill bit through the existing holes and put the pins back in. I went to the range and it was off. I had brought a rubber/plastic hammer and got the rifle hitting where it should, with a few soft taps.

    It was hitting and let a friend shoot it and the sight slowly got further off with each shot. To the point you could not hit paper at 25 yds.

    I am at a loss. With the pins in the fsp still rotated out of alignment. I thought about firing it and adjusting it until it was dead on. Then take it somewhere and have a tiny piece of the fsp welded on. But I couldn't trust the fsp to stay where it should. It would suck to do thata d have had it move a smidge and not be able to line it up again.

    Trouts?
  • #2
    nicoroshi
    www.Buildyourownak.info
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Jan 2009
    • 3696

    Press pins out
    Knurl barrel at fsb location
    Press fsb back on
    Align
    Pin
    Done
    No rocket surgery bro
    Fsb is not a press fit and it should be.

    >>>>>My Build Your Own AK eBooks<<<<<

    Comment

    Working...
    UA-8071174-1