Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

KT Ordnance Ruger Receiver Question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DenverDuck
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Sep 2007
    • 2458

    KT Ordnance Ruger Receiver Question

    Does anybody know for certain if the KT-1 Ruger Mark 1 80% Receiver is already threaded for the barrel? I've tried searching, calling, and e-mails with know luck or response.

    Many thanks in advance.
    I Buy Gun Parts, Mags. (Including High Cap.), & Gunsmith Tools.
  • #2
    jfifer
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2012
    • 3205

    You may have to request it. A while ago the were only partially threaded for you to time your own barrel.

    Comment

    • #3
      ar15barrels
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jan 2006
      • 57179

      I have never worked with a KT Mark I receiver, but when I made a Mark 1 receiver from scratch, it was pretty easy to thread it to fit a factory ruger barrel.
      Randall Rausch

      AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
      Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
      Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
      Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
      Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

      Comment

      • #4
        jfifer
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2012
        • 3205

        The timing is the most difficult part if you havent done it!

        Comment

        • #5
          ke6guj
          Moderator
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Nov 2003
          • 23725

          Originally posted by jfifer
          You may have to request it. A while ago the were only partially threaded for you to time your own barrel.
          not sure what you mean by this. you screw in the barrel completely and then you machine the rest of the receiver based of the barrel's 12 o-clock.
          Jack



          Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

          No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

          Comment

          • #6
            yari
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2010
            • 908

            ^ that's just too simple for most people

            Comment

            • #7
              jfifer
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 2012
              • 3205

              Not every barrel was threaded the same. KTO would thread on a couple threads allowing one to buy the tap and thread until the barrel almost barely lined up, then you finish it with a little torque.

              I know because I had one from homegunsmithing.com. I boight it and couldnt find parts any where.you can google it.

              Comment

              • #8
                ke6guj
                Moderator
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Nov 2003
                • 23725

                Originally posted by jfifer
                Not every barrel was threaded the same. KTO would thread on a couple threads allowing one to buy the tap and thread until the barrel almost barely lined up, then you finish it with a little torque.
                still not sure what you are talking about lining up on the 80% receiver. all the ones I have seen only had the barrel threads cut, nothing else, so there was nothing to line up with.

                and if there was other stuff done to it for the barrel to "line" up with, once the first thread was cut, the indexing is over. the deeper you tap it would not change the indexing. all you could do at that point to change the indexing would be to face the front of the receiver or the back of the barrel flange.
                Jack



                Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

                No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

                Comment

                • #9
                  jfifer
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 2012
                  • 3205

                  The KTO receiver had the partial taps and another hole on it. From what I read it was the extractor hole.


                  Thats why its better to build from scratch.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    ar15barrels
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jan 2006
                    • 57179

                    Originally posted by jfifer
                    The KTO receiver had the partial taps and another hole on it. From what I read it was the extractor hole.
                    The extractor is on the bolt.
                    It's the ejector that is riveted to the receiver on the little bridge between the magazine and the hammer clearance cuts.
                    Randall Rausch

                    AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                    Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                    Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                    Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                    Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      jfifer
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 2012
                      • 3205

                      Oh ok! Then it was that hole. I was 18, had never done an 80. I just loved the platform. Ended up selling for an AR 80. I just doenloaded the prints. If I find parts lits I am making one!!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1