Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

End Plate Ambidextrous Sling Adapter HELP

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • reka_aks
    Member
    • Apr 2013
    • 453

    End Plate Ambidextrous Sling Adapter HELP

    HI all . I recently purcashed this item


    if you notice , it does not have that little tab that holds the buffer tube in place . My questions is where can i get that missing piece? whats it called? Can my AR 15 function properly with out it?

    Thanks for your help . Its my first time installing one of these .
  • #2
    jfifer
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2012
    • 3205

    The castle nut?

    Comment

    • #3
      reka_aks
      Member
      • Apr 2013
      • 453

      I'm not sure but the one I need looks like this one . With that tab sticking out of the middle

      Comment

      • #4
        evilbisquit
        Member
        • Jan 2013
        • 404

        Originally posted by reka_aks
        I'm not sure but the one I need looks like this one . With that tab sticking out of the middle
        http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0053E...dir_mdp_mobile
        As far as I know (take that for what it's worth...) that tab is to help keep the buffer tube in the correct position during installation. If you can do that without the tab, you're good. The castle nut will keep the endplate in place and the endplate should have a protrusion that fits into the back of the receiver to keep it from rotating. It has nothing to do with your rifle's function.
        Last edited by evilbisquit; 08-23-2013, 11:18 AM.

        Comment

        • #5
          isplice
          Member
          • Jan 2006
          • 398

          Originally posted by evilbisquit
          As far as I know (take that for what it's worth...) that tab is to help keep the buffer tube in the correct position during installation. If you can do that without the tab, you're good. The castle nut will keep the endplate in place and the endplate should have a protrusion that fits into the back of the receiver to keep it from rotating. It has nothing to do with your rifle's function.
          Actually, that tab IS to keep the buffer tube from rotating when the butt stock is on the tube and force is placed on it. That is the reason all end plates (or most, if not all) have them! To the OP, if you take a look at the smaller picture in the ad that says you can combine the end plate with a sling, you will see the small tab is present. Perhaps the large picture is faulty.
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            reka_aks
            Member
            • Apr 2013
            • 453

            I see ! After re-reading it on amazon , i see it states " AR-15 PISTOL End Plate Dual Loop Ambidextrous Sling Adapter "
            Can it be i oversaw the pistol part.....hmmm
            Does any one know where i might be able to purchase the missing locking tab ?

            again thanks for your help fellows

            Comment

            • #7
              isplice
              Member
              • Jan 2006
              • 398

              The locking tab isn't a separate piece, but is part of the end plate. You'll have to get the proper carbine end plate.
              Last edited by isplice; 08-23-2013, 1:17 PM. Reason: added link
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                evilbisquit
                Member
                • Jan 2013
                • 404

                Originally posted by isplice
                Actually, that tab IS to keep the buffer tube from rotating when the butt stock is on the tube and force is placed on it. That is the reason all end plates (or most, if not all) have them! To the OP, if you take a look at the smaller picture in the ad that says you can combine the end plate with a sling, you will see the small tab is present. Perhaps the large picture is faulty.
                Isn't that what I said?

                Comment

                • #9
                  isplice
                  Member
                  • Jan 2006
                  • 398

                  Originally posted by evilbisquit
                  Isn't that what I said?
                  You said "it has nothing to do with the rifles function". Once assembled, with out that tab, a hard blow to the butt stock (like diving to the ground) can cause the tube to rotate, causing the castle nut to get loose. Then the buffer tube can rotate. I'd say that is important to the rifles function. Sorry if I misunderstood you.
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Ninety
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2012
                    • 4062

                    What does your end plate look like? Does it have the cut out for the key or is it just round?


                    NRA Member
                    The Constitution does not bestow wisdom. It's up to the body politic to be wise. -Patriot
                    All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.
                    -Edmund Burke
                    I'd much rather go to my grave never needing my gun, than go there wishing I had it.
                    - Phil Dalmolin

                    The Battle of Athens was illegal too.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      reka_aks
                      Member
                      • Apr 2013
                      • 453

                      Originally posted by Ninety
                      What does your end plate look like? Does it have the cut out for the key or is it just round?


                      Its just round. NO cut out . I posted a link on the actual one I bought . Thanks

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        ar15barrels
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Jan 2006
                        • 57179

                        Originally posted by reka_aks
                        I see ! After re-reading it on amazon , i see it states " AR-15 PISTOL End Plate Dual Loop Ambidextrous Sling Adapter "
                        Can it be i oversaw the pistol part.....hmmm
                        Does any one know where i might be able to purchase the missing locking tab ?

                        again thanks for your help fellows
                        You could cut a notch in that plate and then get a key like the Magpul ASAP plate does.
                        Really though, just buy another plate.

                        THEN, build a pistol to use your incorrect sling plate with...
                        Randall Rausch

                        AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                        Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                        Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                        Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                        Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          reka_aks
                          Member
                          • Apr 2013
                          • 453

                          Originally posted by ar15barrels
                          You could cut a notch in that plate and then get a key like the Magpul ASAP plate does.
                          Really though, just buy another plate.

                          THEN, build a pistol to use your incorrect sling plate with...
                          Thanks your the.help. Actually that's what I'm doing , just buying a new plate

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1