Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Muzzle loader needs to brown touch up. What product to use?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Prophet
    Member
    • Apr 2010
    • 200

    Muzzle loader needs to brown touch up. What product to use?

    If: I have a muzzle loader with the octagonal ribbed Barrel has a reddish brown finish. I cleaned the barrel with soap and water when done shooting and wipe down exterior with light oil. The browning finish came off where I had the barrel submerged in the soap and water ( just above the touch hole). I wanted to use Laurel Mountain forge barrel brown to remedy the issue. It will be for touch up only. Any suggestions. All comments greatly appreciated.

    Desperately,

    -Prophet
  • #2
    bruceflinch
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2006
    • 40155

    Birchwood-Casey make a Plum Brown. Mostly for old shotguns I guess.
    Actually I only started collecting Milsurps 3 years ago. I think I might own about 24...They're cheaper than guns that will most likely never get the opportunity to kill somebody...

    I belong to the group that uses firearms, and knows which bathroom to use.

    Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.

    Secret Club Member?.

    Comment

    • #3
      kcstott
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Nov 2011
      • 11796

      Originally posted by bruceflinch
      Birchwood-Casey make a Plum Brown. Mostly for old shotguns I guess.
      And muzzle loaders too. it works well but it also depends on how nice a finish you are looking for. Most muzzle loader are going for a primitive look so then should look rough

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1