I just picked up a sweet, custom model 58, and it sure looks like it is stainless steel. I know that S&W didn't make a stainless M58 (model 57 were offered in stainless, called the 657).
So I am assuming my gun is hard chrome plated or a nickel type of finish. Is there a non-destructive test to figure out what it's finished with? The hammer and trigger are also finished is a matte silver finish.
The major components like frame, barrel, cylinder, ejector rod are a semi-polished stainless like finish.
The gun was customized by ER Stroup. He added a new bull barrel converted to 45C Colt, adjustable sites added, action job, Mag-Na-port, etc.
I'll post a picture of it when it's back from the holster shop.
So I am assuming my gun is hard chrome plated or a nickel type of finish. Is there a non-destructive test to figure out what it's finished with? The hammer and trigger are also finished is a matte silver finish.
The major components like frame, barrel, cylinder, ejector rod are a semi-polished stainless like finish.
The gun was customized by ER Stroup. He added a new bull barrel converted to 45C Colt, adjustable sites added, action job, Mag-Na-port, etc.
I'll post a picture of it when it's back from the holster shop.





Comment