Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

WOW! Romy barrels still available

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • hellayella
    Calguns Addict
    • Sep 2012
    • 5578

    WOW! Romy barrels still available

    with all this hoopla about the rarity of certain Com-Bloc barrels, Atlantic Firearms still has Romanian chrome-lined hammer forged barrels for ur AK-47 builds...DDDDDDDDDDDDang! for $ 119...pretty rare..

    last time I got Bulgarian AK-74 barrel for my build for $260, ouch...can I get some lube for that...but to my consolation, the barrel was new!
  • #2
    arfan66
    Senior Member
    CGN Contributor
    • Jan 2006
    • 841

    wow...would you consider using a US made barrel? I've had excellent results using barrels from these guys: http://armsofamerica.com/barrels-2.aspx

    Comment

    • #3
      Fern
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2011
      • 1203

      tagged

      Comment

      • #4
        timdps
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Feb 2007
        • 3488

        Bought a couple of the Romanian barrel from Atlantic and they were not completely "virgin". Both of them had stamped serial numbers, but the gas ports were not drilled...

        Comment

        • #5
          AKSOG
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2007
          • 4139

          Glad I have a few.

          Comment

          • #6
            AKSOG
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2007
            • 4139

            Originally posted by timdps
            Bought a couple of the Romanian barrel from Atlantic and they were not completely "virgin". Both of them had stamped serial numbers, but the gas ports were not drilled...
            That's how all the ones from APEX come and places like Atlantic just purchased from them in bulk.

            Comment

            • #7
              Jeepers
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 2009
              • 3415

              Originally posted by Yemff
              I believe all of them have stampings on them
              no S/N stamps on the ones from Apex "new romy" when i got mine.... still want to stamp it to force match my polish kit ...
              Originally posted by Ronald Reagan
              Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement.

              Comment

              • #8
                AKSOG
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 2007
                • 4139

                Oh nm. I have only seen a couple with serial numbers.

                Comment

                • #9
                  hellayella
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Sep 2012
                  • 5578

                  blast from the past: now even Apex is sold out of these Romy barrels...

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    G-Man WC
                    In Memoriam
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 10991

                    And I thought you were going to say they were stocked up a again. Just buy a Green Mountian barrel and your gtg. -g
                    If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
                    -Samuel Adams

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      nicoroshi
                      www.Buildyourownak.info
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 3696



                      yes, the good ole days of $120 virgin Romanian barrels is gone.
                      I see these sold though
                      Hmmmm
                      Seems I need to make a post in the marketplace.

                      >>>>>My Build Your Own AK eBooks<<<<<

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        hellayella
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Sep 2012
                        • 5578

                        yes Nico...the current value is $300-350 min

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          atsaubrey
                          Senior Member
                          • Mar 2011
                          • 522

                          If the market is $350, I have one for sale.
                          A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. What part of shall not be infringed is hard to understand!?!

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            The Paper Pimp
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2013
                            • 967

                            i just bought a NOS Bulgarian 16" AK 105 barrel with RSB and GB from a member on another forum--so frigging stoked!

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              nicoroshi
                              www.Buildyourownak.info
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • Jan 2009
                              • 3696

                              Originally posted by Yemff
                              http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showth...ht=romy+barrel

                              seems like some people are still selling them for less than 300
                              And they sold in 6 minutes (check the time stamp)

                              >>>>>My Build Your Own AK eBooks<<<<<

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1