Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

AK nightmare before Xmas.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • atsaubrey
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2011
    • 522

    AK nightmare before Xmas.

    I have bought from AKbuilder, Apex, Arms of America, Copes, from the Forums but I have never been burned til now. (at least I feel like ive been burned) We'll see how they handle the issue once I forward the links onto them. 3 kits purchased with headspaced and populated barrels.......

    What says you on how I should handle this....



    A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. What part of shall not be infringed is hard to understand!?!
  • #2
    killathrilla
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2010
    • 1330

    ...
    Last edited by killathrilla; 01-06-2013, 12:19 PM.

    Comment

    • #3
      gunRfun
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      • Mar 2005
      • 786

      Ill have to agree with you. You got burned. Hope "they" make it right.
      GunRfun

      Comment

      • #4
        antix2
        Member
        • Feb 2010
        • 141

        Ouch! That's insane.
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          atsaubrey
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2011
          • 522

          Yeah, $89 kits are long gone. $300-$500 kits and this, makes it tough to swallow.
          A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. What part of shall not be infringed is hard to understand!?!

          Comment

          • #6
            Gowking
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2008
            • 2664

            Clearly this isn't a one time mistake but rather a massive quality control issue. IMO it's almost criminal not to let people know who put out such a product. Imagine some poor new builder who doesn't know any better shooting a rifle built from parts like that. The potential for a KB is too real to keep the name under wraps.

            -MRA

            Comment

            • #7
              1lowluv
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2011
              • 946

              Ouch. I put 4 kits together, 1 akb barrel, 2 barrels from AOA and 1 from copes. None of them fit like that. All tight
              Cerakote and Stippling https://www.facebook.com/HammerGunWorx

              Comment

              • #8
                ott1
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2009
                • 1882

                Why not tell us who it was? Even if whomever makes it right, it's still good information on who to avoid in the first place.

                Comment

                • #9
                  00Medic
                  Senior Member
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 1941

                  That...uhhh...I...uhh..whu....did they...uhhh...

                  What the F* man?!?!?! So wrong on so many levels. I hope you rip them a new one.
                  Originally posted by TeddyBallgame
                  I've never understood why any of our Constitutional rights are governed by the very institution they were put in place to protect us from.
                  Originally posted by POLICESTATE
                  It is not wise to create criminals where none exist. Especially when those newly-minted criminals may or may not be heavily armed with guns you know nothing about.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Gio
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 10251

                    That sucks, hope whoever sold you these fixes the problem or refunds you your money. I would also let everyone know who it is, don't want to see other people fall victim to them.
                    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      nothinghere2c
                      Senior Member
                      • Mar 2012
                      • 2259

                      I've only bought kits from AK builder. One had a virgin barrel and I drilled it and headspaced myself. The other 3 I bought populated barrels and just checked the headspace and beat on it a bit to see the fit. never had an issue so far.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Jeepers
                        Veteran Member
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 3415

                        thats some bad QC there you really should say who as a warning b4 someone blows up a AK ....
                        Originally posted by Ronald Reagan
                        Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          imperials
                          Member
                          • Jan 2011
                          • 421

                          Damn that's crazy!!!
                          sigpicSi Vis Pacem Para Bellum

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            johnny1290
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2011
                            • 1598

                            boy...good thing you had those gauges!!!!

                            yeesh that's a piece of junk right there.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              ott1
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 1882

                              RJF.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1