Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Uzi measurement needed

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jeepers
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 3415

    Uzi measurement needed

    looking for blocker bar location

    anyone here have a Vector or NDS Uzi that could measure the distance of the bolt blockerbar from the end of the receiver to the end of the bar ?

    and from the bottom to the bar ?

    TIA folks

    Last edited by Jeepers; 08-26-2012, 1:36 PM.
    Originally posted by Ronald Reagan
    Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement.
  • #2
    Jeepers
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 3415

    bump ... i know we have some folks here with Uzi's , now to find one that has a caliper also ....
    Originally posted by Ronald Reagan
    Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement.

    Comment

    • #3
      novass
      Member
      • Dec 2010
      • 157

      I have it from my nds . From back outside of receiver is 3.338 . From inside bottom of receiver to top of bar is 1.120 . Sorry I didn't see your post sooner . We're did you get your kit I am ready to get some parts to put mine together .

      Comment

      • #4
        ke6guj
        Moderator
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Nov 2003
        • 23725

        on weaponsguild they use the buffe and/or bolt to set the blocking rail height. wrap the bar with some electrical tape to center it in the slot and then weld it in place.
        Jack



        Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

        No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

        Comment

        • #5
          Jeepers
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 2009
          • 3415

          Originally posted by novass
          I have it from my nds . From back outside of receiver is 3.338 . From inside bottom of receiver to top of bar is 1.120 . Sorry I didn't see your post sooner . We're did you get your kit I am ready to get some parts to put mine together .
          thanks getting ready to trim up the stubs and start welding, starting with the back and blockerbar ... now to find someone with a mill to help me make up my jig i have planned for the reweld

          gunpartscorp.com have kits with the stubs and trunnion intact and a repair section and blocker bar from gunbrokers

          no bolt yet as i still havnt made up my mind on 9 or 45 ... really want to build it as a 45 but the mag issues(cant find anyone that recommends the promags and the origs are hard to find and spendy as all get out) have me holding back untill the 9mm bolts come back into stock
          Originally posted by Ronald Reagan
          Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement.

          Comment

          • #6
            novass
            Member
            • Dec 2010
            • 157

            i just called numrich gun parts and they said they wont send a uzi kit to ca. because the folding stock????????????? were do i get a kit now??

            Comment

            • #7
              Jeepers
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 2009
              • 3415

              Originally posted by novass
              i just called numrich gun parts and they said they wont send a uzi kit to ca. because the folding stock????????????? were do i get a kit now??
              they had no issues sending me this kit without mags


              ETA i did not call in my order i just used the website ordering so never talked to a uninformed sales person ....

              and apex has kits at the same price with fixed stocks but they are torch cut and no good for rewelds ....
              Last edited by Jeepers; 08-29-2012, 4:45 PM.
              Originally posted by Ronald Reagan
              Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement.

              Comment

              • #8
                novass
                Member
                • Dec 2010
                • 157

                I order online from numrich well see if they send it ? I wanted there kit with the new barrel the cheapest way to go.

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1