Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Vector V93 10/20s how to?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 13204u
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2009
    • 655

    Vector V93 10/20s how to?

    So I finally received my promag 20rd rebuild kits for the vector v93 I have. I am going to convert these to 10/20s. I was planning on epoxying a dowel or some sort of polymer tube to the follower then sealing the base plate on. Does anyone have any suggestions how to accurately get this to work? I just don't want to end up with 9rd mags. It is also to my understanding that you need to have a little play after the tenth round to allow mag changes on a closed bolt. Any suggestions would help. Here are some images to give you an idea. I do not want to do the rivet method either as this will likely not allow the mags to load properly as there is little clearance between the mag and the magwell.



    Last edited by 13204u; 07-26-2012, 4:35 PM.
    -There is a fine line between stupid and clever.
  • #2
    jchen76@gmail.com
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2004
    • 2092

    I used the rivet method, wasn't so bad when have converted the HK 93 40 rounders to 10/40. You first stack 10 rounds in the magazine, use a straw to find roughly where the bottom of the magazine is and use that as template for blocker.

    Or, plan b, get this

    Use a 10/20 pmag that is plentiful these days, and use these plates.

    Comment

    • #3
      SJgunguy24
      I need a LIFE!!
      • May 2008
      • 14849

      Jon, send me your mags.
      There are 3 kinds of people in this world.
      The wise, learn from the mistakes of others.
      The smart, learn from their own mistakes.
      The others, well......they just never learn.

      "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death!"
      Patrick Henry.

      Comment

      • #4
        13204u
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2009
        • 655

        I got it done in a very round about way, thanks though!
        -There is a fine line between stupid and clever.

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1