Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Remington Fieldmaster 572 ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bruceflinch
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2006
    • 40155

    Remington Fieldmaster 572 ?

    I'm restoring a 572. (.22 pump action) Does anyone know what kind of metal the reciever is? I'm leaning towards Aluminum since it seems a little light. Google Fu has failed me.

    I'm going to reblue (cold) the Barrel & mag-tube. The reciever has just a few marks & I'm not sure if it is blued or painted? Appears to be a bit different from the barrel & tube.

    Will Aluminum cold-blue?

    Thanks for any responses.
    Actually I only started collecting Milsurps 3 years ago. I think I might own about 24...They're cheaper than guns that will most likely never get the opportunity to kill somebody...

    I belong to the group that uses firearms, and knows which bathroom to use.

    Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.

    Secret Club Member?.
  • #2
    swifty
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2008
    • 929

    Yes, aluminum. There is a cold blue made for especially for aluminum. I think it's Aluma-Black by Birchwood Casey.

    Comment

    • #3
      kcstott
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Nov 2011
      • 11796

      The problem is it is most likely cast aluminum and the Aluma black may not work worth a darn. splotchy or just un even

      You be better of with a light bead blast and Aluma hide from Brownels or on the high end Anodizing type III

      Comment

      • #4
        bruceflinch
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jan 2006
        • 40155

        Thanks Guys.
        Actually I only started collecting Milsurps 3 years ago. I think I might own about 24...They're cheaper than guns that will most likely never get the opportunity to kill somebody...

        I belong to the group that uses firearms, and knows which bathroom to use.

        Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.

        Secret Club Member?.

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1