Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Another Great Build Party!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • valley82
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2011
    • 2768

    Another Great Build Party!

    Thanks to the AKTEAM, Sundays BP in LA on the 24th was great. Great people, guns, food, time!
    Here are the lasted additions to the family...
    My Egyptian AKM, My Sons Romanian RPK, and My other sons AMD-65 w/16" romy barrel, standard length stripped gas tube and gas piston.

    Can't wait for the August BP.
    Got to check out the new aluminum krink barrel extensions as well...VERY NICE!!! I see several of them in my near future.
    Last edited by valley82; 07-01-2017, 10:52 AM.
  • #2
    858casper858
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    • Jan 2010
    • 772

    Great looking builds!

    Comment

    • #3
      00Medic
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2011
      • 1941

      Man. Those are beautiful.
      Bummed I couldn't make it yesterday but that pic has inspired me to pull all the essentials together for my kits and stop hording...........maybe.
      Originally posted by TeddyBallgame
      I've never understood why any of our Constitutional rights are governed by the very institution they were put in place to protect us from.
      Originally posted by POLICESTATE
      It is not wise to create criminals where none exist. Especially when those newly-minted criminals may or may not be heavily armed with guns you know nothing about.

      Comment

      • #4
        gesundheit
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2011
        • 1147

        valley82, I was pleasantly surprised by the dexterity shown by your sons during the BP. You started them at the right age.

        P.S. I loved it everytime the AK team had to extract the front trunnion from the barrel and someone yelled, "Goddamn Curtis!"

        Comment

        • #5
          valley82
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2011
          • 2768

          That was pretty funny! Yes, the boys are pretty well focused starting about three or four days before a build, they absolutely love building these guns.

          Comment

          • #6
            munkeeboi
            Veteran Member
            • May 2008
            • 4997

            It was nice having you and your boys back again.

            and damn those oversized barrel pins!


            AK, AR, & Custom Featureless grip wraps
            iTrader Thread

            Comment

            • #7
              DasBoost
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2010
              • 1811

              Details on the RPK please. I've been eyeing the kits with barrel on Apex and am on the fence about pulling the trigger. A receiver flat was used, I take it? I've been eyeing the parts kits and NDS receiver. Any info is much appreciated, really want to get an AK going.
              Originally posted by shakes88
              I went to drop one duece and I come back to pedo-spiderman, dead cats and ***** ******* tattoos... I love this thread
              REDACTED

              Comment

              • #8
                valley82
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2011
                • 2768

                I got the kit less barrel from Apex, the chrome lined barrel, flat, rivots, and other stuff from ak-builder. This was my sons (14 year old) third build, it was a lot more work fitting together than a AKM but we both think it was well worth his extra effort. The thing is a beast compared to the standard AK sitting next to it.

                Comment

                • #9
                  DasBoost
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2010
                  • 1811

                  Originally posted by valley82
                  I got the kit less barrel from Apex, the chrome lined barrel, flat, rivots, and other stuff from ak-builder. This was my sons (14 year old) third build, it was a lot more work fitting together than a AKM but we both think it was well worth his extra effort. The thing is a beast compared to the standard AK sitting next to it.
                  Thanks for the info; it looks great. Thinking I might pick up the kit and figure out the receiver issue from there. Kit was in decent condition? I think they're marked 'Good to Very Good' and wasn't too sure of what that spectrum would get me.
                  Originally posted by shakes88
                  I went to drop one duece and I come back to pedo-spiderman, dead cats and ***** ******* tattoos... I love this thread
                  REDACTED

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    valley82
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2011
                    • 2768

                    Munkeeboi, it was great to see you again!
                    I think I'll order a couple of those oversized pins and cut them down for axels on the Dodge pickup truck LOL

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      858casper858
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      • Jan 2010
                      • 772

                      The rpk looks real good, I've got a kit and a GM barrel sitting in the rafters but I might just have to pull that down after seeing your pic!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        valley82
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2011
                        • 2768

                        The kit was in real good shape. The parts are not matching, but with a new barrel it needed headspaced anyway, so wasn't a big deal to us. I had 69mach1 populate the new barrel and headspace it. Thank you guys for the compliments!

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          DasBoost
                          Senior Member
                          • Mar 2010
                          • 1811

                          Originally posted by valley82
                          The kit was in real good shape. The parts are not matching, but with a new barrel it needed headspaced anyway, so wasn't a big deal to us. I had 69mach1 populate the new barrel and headspace it. Thank you guys for the compliments!
                          Thanks for the info! I was thinking of just getting the kit with the barrel and looking into rivets and flat or a NDS receiver and then filling in the blanks parts-wise. Much appreciated and looks great!
                          Originally posted by shakes88
                          I went to drop one duece and I come back to pedo-spiderman, dead cats and ***** ******* tattoos... I love this thread
                          REDACTED

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            mrlonewolf
                            CGSSA Director - C3 Leader & Regional Gun Show Booth Coordinator (LA/OC/IE)
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Jul 2008
                            • 4003

                            It was a real pleasure having you and your boys again at the BP.

                            Boy I got to tell you, you guy are good....!!!!

                            Keep up with the good work.
                            Would you like to participate in the Right to Keep and Bear Arms movement in California?
                            Please visit the Calguns Community Chapter forum for your area and sign the roll call
                            California needs YOU.


                            sigpic

                            Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable. George S. Patton

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              mrlonewolf
                              CGSSA Director - C3 Leader & Regional Gun Show Booth Coordinator (LA/OC/IE)
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • Jul 2008
                              • 4003

                              Originally posted by gesundheit
                              P.S. I loved it everytime the AK team had to extract the front trunnion from the barrel and someone yelled, "Goddamn Curtis!"
                              Sad but true......
                              Would you like to participate in the Right to Keep and Bear Arms movement in California?
                              Please visit the Calguns Community Chapter forum for your area and sign the roll call
                              California needs YOU.


                              sigpic

                              Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable. George S. Patton

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1