Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

putting together an m14

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • paratroop
    Senior Member
    • May 2009
    • 1743

    putting together an m14

    m14/m1a, if that suits everyone a little better.



    So I have a CMP parts kit, a springfield compensator/brake, and will be picking up my Fulton barreled receiver next tuesday. so to anyone who has put one of these together before, are there any areas where i may run into problems? I am confident i can put it together, just curious if anybody has any tips or advice on any possible tricky parts. thanks.
    Last edited by paratroop; 12-22-2011, 12:27 PM.
    Originally posted by Marcus von W.
    Is that banjo music I hear?
    "Sporter" is what the drooling toothless inbred albino with the hacksaw thinks his newly created "dear riffel" is.
    "Bubba" is what he and his ugly and ruined rifle really are.
    First you are chopping up historic vintage rifles and sticking them in cheap and nasty looking plastic "dildo" stocks that look like some kind of futuristic sex toy that gay space aliens stick up each other's butts.
    Next thing you know, you think "Deliverance" is a love story.
  • #2
    freonr22
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Dec 2008
    • 12948

    an m1a?
    sigpic
    Originally posted by dantodd
    We will win. We are right. We will never stop fighting.
    Originally posted by bwiese
    They don't believe it's possible, but then Alison didn't believe there'd be 350K - 400K OLLs in CA either.
    Originally posted by louisianagirl
    Our fate is ours alone to decide as long as we remain armed heavily enough to dictate it.

    Comment

    • #3
      paratroop
      Senior Member
      • May 2009
      • 1743

      m1a, m14 whatever you want to call it.
      Originally posted by Marcus von W.
      Is that banjo music I hear?
      "Sporter" is what the drooling toothless inbred albino with the hacksaw thinks his newly created "dear riffel" is.
      "Bubba" is what he and his ugly and ruined rifle really are.
      First you are chopping up historic vintage rifles and sticking them in cheap and nasty looking plastic "dildo" stocks that look like some kind of futuristic sex toy that gay space aliens stick up each other's butts.
      Next thing you know, you think "Deliverance" is a love story.

      Comment

      • #4
        freonr22
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Dec 2008
        • 12948

        well, they are slightly different
        sigpic
        Originally posted by dantodd
        We will win. We are right. We will never stop fighting.
        Originally posted by bwiese
        They don't believe it's possible, but then Alison didn't believe there'd be 350K - 400K OLLs in CA either.
        Originally posted by louisianagirl
        Our fate is ours alone to decide as long as we remain armed heavily enough to dictate it.

        Comment

        • #5
          louscamaro91
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2007
          • 3522

          I didn't know CMP had M1A kits?

          Comment

          • #6
            paratroop
            Senior Member
            • May 2009
            • 1743

            yeah, springfield calls them m1a, fulton armory calls them m14.
            Originally posted by Marcus von W.
            Is that banjo music I hear?
            "Sporter" is what the drooling toothless inbred albino with the hacksaw thinks his newly created "dear riffel" is.
            "Bubba" is what he and his ugly and ruined rifle really are.
            First you are chopping up historic vintage rifles and sticking them in cheap and nasty looking plastic "dildo" stocks that look like some kind of futuristic sex toy that gay space aliens stick up each other's butts.
            Next thing you know, you think "Deliverance" is a love story.

            Comment

            • #7
              paratroop
              Senior Member
              • May 2009
              • 1743

              Originally posted by louscamaro91
              I didn't know CMP had M1A kits?
              got it over a year ago, not sure if they still have them.
              Originally posted by Marcus von W.
              Is that banjo music I hear?
              "Sporter" is what the drooling toothless inbred albino with the hacksaw thinks his newly created "dear riffel" is.
              "Bubba" is what he and his ugly and ruined rifle really are.
              First you are chopping up historic vintage rifles and sticking them in cheap and nasty looking plastic "dildo" stocks that look like some kind of futuristic sex toy that gay space aliens stick up each other's butts.
              Next thing you know, you think "Deliverance" is a love story.

              Comment

              • #8
                arga
                Member
                • Jul 2010
                • 146

                I had a tough time getting the op rod guide on a Criterion med weight barrel. I ended up lightly sanding the barrel where the guide fits on. By lightly, I mean less than a minute with used 220. It worked for me but it I took off most of the parkerization. I live in the desert so I'm not too worried but I'll have to keep it oiled to be sure.

                Comment

                • #9
                  arga
                  Member
                  • Jul 2010
                  • 146

                  I had a little trouble with the rear sight too but I think it's because I'm dumb as a rock. I didn't notice that the rear sight cover fits into a slot behind the sight.

                  In doing research for the build I found there was a little debate over the correct torque for the gas cylinder plug. I read anywhere from 20 ft lbs to "two finger" tight with a box end wrench. The consensus seemed to be tight enough so it doesn't come loose between cleanings. Also, mark the cylinder and plug so you can consistently return to the same torque after a cleaning.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1