Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

question about modifying a synthetic stock

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • robcoe
    Calguns Addict
    • Apr 2010
    • 8685

    question about modifying a synthetic stock

    Does anyone have any tips on how to join 2 different pieces of synthetic stock material together so that the joint will hold up to some abuse?

    What I am planning to do is get a mosin nagant aftermarket stock, remove as much from behind the trigger as I can and add a pistol grip and a folding stock(this is not the end of the modifications, but everything else either I know how to do or will be done by a gunsmith)

    A.y tips on how to make a joint like that last would be appreciated. Wood I know how to work with but this is new territory for me.
    Yes, I am an electrical engineer.
    No, I will not fix your computer.
  • #2
    SJgunguy24
    I need a LIFE!!
    • May 2008
    • 14849

    Fiberglass on the outside, metal rods with epoxy to mate everything. That's how I would do it unless you know exactly what the composition of the plastic and find the right filler rod and ployweld it.
    There are 3 kinds of people in this world.
    The wise, learn from the mistakes of others.
    The smart, learn from their own mistakes.
    The others, well......they just never learn.

    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death!"
    Patrick Henry.

    Comment

    Working...
    UA-8071174-1