Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Bolt welding ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • hylander
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 3871

    Bolt welding ?

    Anyone near Sac that can fix this ?
    Looks like the original weld is brakng.
    Ths is on an 03A3 Sporter

    Failure is not an Option
  • #2
    ar15barrels
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2006
    • 57179

    That does not look like it's breaking to me.
    That just looks like the weld was not completely filled out before they machined away the excess.
    Randall Rausch

    AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
    Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
    Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
    Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
    Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

    Comment

    • #3
      M. Sage
      Moderator Emeritus
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Jul 2006
      • 19759

      +1. A crack would have sharper edges. Almost looks like it was cut and re-welded some time in the past....
      Originally posted by Deadbolt
      "We're here to take your land for your safety"

      "My Safety?" *click* "There, that was my safety"
      sigpicNRA Member

      Comment

      • #4
        sloguy
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2007
        • 1999

        so did you buy this thing? i saw the earlier thread about it.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        Originally posted by xrMike
        She's going to get sand in her action, if she's not careful.

        Comment

        • #5
          metalhead357
          Calguns Addict
          • Jan 2006
          • 5546

          Originally posted by sloguy
          so did you buy this thing? i saw the earlier thread about it.

          Same question here. And why not just get a complete new bolt or just a bolt sleve?

          You might find someone to weld it for about $5 but the finish work would cost some more....more time or more money or both
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered....
          I am not a number! I am a free man

          1.)All humanity would be better off if Stoooopid hurt.
          2.)Why is it that if guns are sooooo unsafe that you're 9 times more likely to die at the hands of your doctor?
          3.)Remember...Buy it cheap & stack it deep

          Comment

          • #6
            Pulsar
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2005
            • 1048

            Doesn't look like a crack, just a lousy weld. I'd be happy to weld it if you still want too though. I'm one of the smiths in the back at J&G Gunsmithing out in Granite Bay.
            "There are over 550,000,000 firearms in worldwide circulation, that's one firearm for every 12 people. The only question is, how do we arm the other 11?" -Lord of War

            Comment

            • #7
              hylander
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 2005
              • 3871

              Originally posted by sloguy
              so did you buy this thing? i saw the earlier thread about it.
              I'm still mowing it over, studying the options.
              I'm either buying this or a couple of K-98's.

              Same question here. And why not just get a complete new bolt or just a bolt sleve?
              Will the new bolt clear a scope, or would I have to have it done like this one.

              Pulsar: What would it cost me to have you weld it, I'll do the filing and cleanup.
              Failure is not an Option

              Comment

              • #8
                hylander
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 2005
                • 3871

                Will original bolt clear scope ?

                Do you think an original Bolt will clear this scope and mount.



                Failure is not an Option

                Comment

                • #9
                  Pulsar
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 1048

                  Originally posted by hylander
                  I'm still mowing it over, studying the options.
                  I'm either buying this or a couple of K-98's.



                  Will the new bolt clear a scope, or would I have to have it done like this one.

                  Pulsar: What would it cost me to have you weld it, I'll do the filing and cleanup.

                  Oh probably $35 (shop rates, I don't set em), though I prefer to clean the weld my self, that way if I find porosity when I'm cleaning I can go back and fill it in.
                  "There are over 550,000,000 firearms in worldwide circulation, that's one firearm for every 12 people. The only question is, how do we arm the other 11?" -Lord of War

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1