Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Polishing internals AK

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • REVIT9K
    Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 195

    Polishing internals AK

    Tried searching the archives but kept coming up with Polish Tantal

    I got a new dremel and several attachments to go with it. I wanted to smooth out the action on my GP WASR. For what it's worth, the weapon fired 400 rounds the first time I shot it flawlessly.

    I must have gotten one of the better Century Arms GP WASR as the machining is pretty darn decent. But I figured if I could I make it operate a little better, why not?

    My question is

    - What sort of dremel attachment do I use? This is my first dremel kit and don't really know what attachments works with what material
    - Any area of I should focus on? BCG, carrier rails, chamber, etc


    Thanks!
  • #2
    Ryan in SD
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 1966

    Depending on your knowledge of guns, I would polish the surfaces between the trigger hook and the hammer. Then the top of the hammer at the radius that meets the bolt carrier.

    Then throw it in a fire and use the hardened steel parts that are left for a flat build.

    Ok, joking, had to rib about the century wasrs.

    Also, I use the polishing wheel that is semi flexible, kinda like an abrasive rubbery disc. Its dark greenish in color.

    Comment

    • #3
      straykiller
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2010
      • 2573

      Originally posted by Ryan in SD
      Also, I use the polishing wheel that is semi flexible, kinda like an abrasive rubbery disc. Its dark greenish in color.
      the dark blue ones work great its what i used on my psl pistol, it makes the metal feels as smooth as glass, polish the top of your hammer and the bottom of you Bolt carrier where it contacts with the hammer, you could also polish your rails


      Zombie Stickers For Sale

      ClassifiedWeapons.com

      Looking for a particular parts kit? Check out our parts kit locator that is automatically updated every 6 hours. Now you can see parts kits being offered by multiple websites in one location. Just select the parts kit button on the right of the home page to begin looking.
      -------
      Home Builds- 1919a4, Sten Mk3, Romy G Ak-47, PSL Pistol,Romanian RPK

      Comment

      • #4
        RodFromGod86
        Junior Member
        • Sep 2010
        • 61

        If you want it mirror shiny, use the muslin buffing wheels with brown polishing compound first and then go over it with the green compound.
        Sugarcoating a piece of s**t does not change the fact that it is still a piece of s**t.- James P. Smith

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1