Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

ak shoots super high

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • backstrap
    Banned
    • May 2010
    • 781

    ak shoots super high

    Ive laser bore sighted this and it shows perfect alignment between front block. However when I shoot its 3-5ft high at 20ft. Raising the front sight post as high as possible helps but its still 2 ft high but Im out elevation adjustment and the stock is high on my should and my cheek is pressed firmly into the stock to be able to see down the sights in this wacked position. I checked the boresight to other rifles and it aligns perfect. I looked the crown over for 10 mins with a flashlight and dental pick and cant see any damage. I was thinking for how far off it is the crown would be near crushed? I dont understand what could cause the impact to be off but lazers line up. I used 2 bore sighters and both showed true.

    **Update!**
    Fixed! The muzzle brake was deflecting the rounds.
    Last edited by backstrap; 05-14-2011, 7:10 PM.
  • #2
    big ron
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2010
    • 848

    Comment

    • #3
      tujungatoes
      Calguns Addict
      • Dec 2006
      • 7942

      Can you post a pic of your front sight, and barrel assembly?
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Dr. Elky
      If your a man who wears white sunglasses, your probably a douche bag
      Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
      I've been know to cross dress and go the other way at certain events.

      Comment

      • #4
        Ytisfedup
        Banned
        • Aug 2010
        • 106

        Is it possible you maybe have a burr on your gas port hole?

        Comment

        • #5
          backstrap
          Banned
          • May 2010
          • 781

          The gas port looks good, no burr that I can see. Here is a few pics, I moved the front post up trying to get it up to impact but ran out of post, impact is higher than these sights will adjust to. Sorry for crappy pics I cant get my camera to take good macro shots.






          Comment

          • #6
            backstrap
            Banned
            • May 2010
            • 781





            Comment

            • #7
              Rekrab
              Valar Dohaeris
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • May 2009
              • 5534

              You might want to check if your camera has a "Macro" setting. That will make those pictures come out in focus.
              Beretta PX4 Storm .40 S&W (Round Count 3,050) | Yugo M72 | Romy M44

              Big Ammo Sale!
              Harris Bipod and Bushnell Elite 3200 Scope for Sale

              Comment

              • #8
                munkeeboi
                Veteran Member
                • May 2008
                • 4997

                Where is your rear sight set to? It looks like it's beyond the battle zero and slid back all the way. Try putting the leaf slide so it sits in the lowest dip on the RSB. It looks like it's sitting at the same height as it would be if you were trying to shoot at 800m-1000m. Any way you can test shooting at a longer distance?

                Last edited by munkeeboi; 05-03-2011, 11:21 AM.


                AK, AR, & Custom Featureless grip wraps
                iTrader Thread

                Comment

                • #9
                  4thSBCT
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 2047

                  I think monkei is right.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Sky_DiveR
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 3017

                    He did have it set to the lowest (100m) setting when he tried to zero his sights. With the front sight at it's highest setting and the rear sight at the 100m, he had to really push the butt up to get them to line up... and he still shot a foot high.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      munkeeboi
                      Veteran Member
                      • May 2008
                      • 4997

                      don't know then. i was going by the pictures and the info provided.


                      AK, AR, & Custom Featureless grip wraps
                      iTrader Thread

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        uxo2
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 4003

                        bent barrel????
                        Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
                        Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
                        One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.
                        George Patton

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          CSACANNONEER
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Dec 2006
                          • 44094

                          Originally posted by backstrap
                          Ive laser bore sighted this and it shows perfect alignment between front block.
                          I think I found your problem. I don't trust LBSs at all. Have you actually boresighted it the old fashion way?
                          NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
                          California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
                          Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
                          Utah CCW Instructor


                          Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

                          sigpic
                          CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

                          KM6WLV

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Sky_DiveR
                            Veteran Member
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 3017

                            Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
                            I think I found your problem. I don't trust LBSs at all. Have you actually boresighted it the old fashion way?
                            The bore sight is merely a reference point, the zeroing of the sights is in the actual shooting of rounds regardless of the technique used. Look at his second, third, and forth pic and see how high his front post is. He raised the post since he was shooting ~5 feet high at 25 feet and had to lower point of aim by raising the front sight post and could not get the point of aim no lower than 1 foot high at 25 feet. At 25 feet he should be shooting well below point of aim... ~3" low not 1 foot higher. I'm confused by your line of reasoning here.
                            Last edited by Sky_DiveR; 05-03-2011, 6:40 PM. Reason: grammer

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              ElvenSoul
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Apr 2008
                              • 17431

                              Get a improved rear sight from Red Star Arms.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1