Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

XXX

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DREADNOUGHT78
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Jan 2009
    • 4147

    XXX

    XXX
    Last edited by DREADNOUGHT78; 06-02-2012, 12:42 AM.
  • #2
    tujungatoes
    Calguns Addict
    • Dec 2006
    • 7942

    I did a half assed write up on making tools for and pressing PSL barrels a while back.



    What receiver are you using?
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Dr. Elky
    If your a man who wears white sunglasses, your probably a douche bag
    Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
    I've been know to cross dress and go the other way at certain events.

    Comment

    • #3
      DREADNOUGHT78
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Jan 2009
      • 4147

      Tennessee Guns I think? It was a gift from a fellow Calgunner. said that they had problems with the pre drilled rear trunnion holes but that an easy enough fix.

      Comment

      • #4
        tujungatoes
        Calguns Addict
        • Dec 2006
        • 7942

        Nothing 5 minutes with a MIG welder couldn't fix. score!
        sigpic
        Originally posted by Dr. Elky
        If your a man who wears white sunglasses, your probably a douche bag
        Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
        I've been know to cross dress and go the other way at certain events.

        Comment

        • #5
          DREADNOUGHT78
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Jan 2009
          • 4147

          You betcha!

          Comment

          • #6
            DREADNOUGHT78
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • Jan 2009
            • 4147

            TJ, you have any more pics of the set up with the barrel mounted?

            Comment

            • #7
              oldyeller
              Senior Member
              • Jun 2008
              • 1489

              Here is how I did mine on a 12 ton. Press the front trunnion onto the barrel.



              Wanted- Dillon XL650 blue press parts/conversions

              Comment

              • #8
                Shrubmaster
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2010
                • 1359

                Is the barrel/front trun/gas port and tube assembled as its pictured? Almost bought the same kit today. Seems like a smokin deal in todays market.
                WTB: Marlin 989 M2 stock (uncracked), and 989 M2 rifles
                Thanks

                Comment

                • #9
                  DREADNOUGHT78
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 4147

                  OLDYELLER, are you using the rear sight base to hold the barrel while pushing the trunnion on the barrel? would it be easier to press the barrel on before installing the rear trunnion (could use some straight round bar then)?

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    DREADNOUGHT78
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Jan 2009
                    • 4147

                    Originally posted by Shrubmaster
                    Is the barrel/front trun/gas port and tube assembled as its pictured? Almost bought the same kit today. Seems like a smokin deal in todays market.
                    It is an orginal barreled kit so it should be assembled like the picture.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      oldyeller
                      Senior Member
                      • Jun 2008
                      • 1489

                      That is correct. It would be easier with the rear trunnion off.
                      Wanted- Dillon XL650 blue press parts/conversions

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        DREADNOUGHT78
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Jan 2009
                        • 4147

                        Did you shorten your barrel? It looks short in the photo. I want to shorten mine a bit. They look a bit to long for my taste! Got any pics of the rifle finished?

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          oldyeller
                          Senior Member
                          • Jun 2008
                          • 1489

                          I could take some. The barrel on that one is full length, and I like it. My second one was shortened to 16" and re profiled to accept AKM furniture and gas tube- it is SO cool!
                          Wanted- Dillon XL650 blue press parts/conversions

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Shrubmaster
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2010
                            • 1359

                            What are you guys doing for 922r? Seems like the biggest hurdle I can see. Anyone know if an ar15 stock adapter exists for a psl?

                            Keep the pics comin!
                            WTB: Marlin 989 M2 stock (uncracked), and 989 M2 rifles
                            Thanks

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              G17GUY
                              Senior Member
                              • Sep 2006
                              • 2343

                              Originally posted by oldyeller
                              I could take some. The barrel on that one is full length, and I like it. My second one was shortened to 16" and re profiled to accept AKM furniture and gas tube- it is SO cool!
                              What's up with the original gas port? Welded it up?
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1