Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

need machinist/gunsmith?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • glockpro
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2009
    • 24

    need machinist/gunsmith?

    Been looking for 2 years for A Colt D frame ejector rod head, in nickel. There are (were)four heads, roughly 1/4 in and 1/2 in in two rod sizes. Maybe #4 and #6. I need the short one with larger threads. Can't find anywhere. I found the other three.

    The questions: could someone out there tap or re-thread the smaller rod end to my larger size. I think the overall OD is the same, just not much to work with inside.

    Tim

    I attached a pic
    Attached Files
  • #2
    ojisan
    Agent 86
    CGN Contributor
    • Apr 2008
    • 11782

    What thread pitch do you need and what is your location?

    (It's always nice to add a general location to your post title bar info, when you need help like this, you stand a better chance of getting replies and finding someone local).

    Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
    I don't really care, I just like to argue.

    Comment

    • #3
      glockpro
      Junior Member
      • Feb 2009
      • 24

      I think it's 6-24. The finer thread, I think it is 6-32 won't fit. I'll buy a couple of nuts tomorrow and let you know.

      Comment

      • #4
        glockpro
        Junior Member
        • Feb 2009
        • 24

        I'm in La Mesa

        Comment

        • #5
          Lostsheep
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2010
          • 928

          I think it's 6-24. The finer thread, I think it is 6-32 won't fit. I'll buy a couple of nuts tomorrow and let you know.
          um..........6-32 is a finer thread than 6-24. Perhaps you are looking for a 6-40 NF?


          Edit:
          too bad you're not in the bay area, I'd have you come by.
          Last edited by Lostsheep; 12-10-2010, 10:14 AM.

          Comment

          • #6
            glockpro
            Junior Member
            • Feb 2009
            • 24

            You are probably right, nothing at the hardware store would fit. And tonight I found some taps and dies at Brownels that I never heard of, like 4-40 or 6-36 or 6-40.

            I attached another pic of the rod end, its new to me.
            Attached Files

            Comment

            • #7
              bigbob76
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2007
              • 3954

              Originally posted by glockpro
              Been looking for 2 years for A Colt D frame ejector rod head, in nickel. There are (were)four heads, roughly 1/4 in and 1/2 in in two rod sizes. Maybe #4 and #6. I need the short one with larger threads. Can't find anywhere. I found the other three.

              The questions: could someone out there tap or re-thread the smaller rod end to my larger size. I think the overall OD is the same, just not much to work with inside.

              Tim

              I attached a pic
              A Chinese ruler next to a Colt part just isn't right.
              If you can't explain it simply you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein

              Comment

              • #8
                glockpro
                Junior Member
                • Feb 2009
                • 24

                Bigbob - you are right, but I'm all out of fine quality vintage rulers. WE don't make them anymore. I need some work, maybe I'll do it.

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1