Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Bullpup AK

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Capt_Communist
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 851

    Bullpup AK

    So I found this online and wanted one, but being in this state it's a challenge, so I was going to build one up for my own entertainment / edification. Only problem I'm running into is where to get the forward trigger group and how to make it work.



    Anyone have one they could take pics of internally, or know how to make it work?

    Any help would be appreciated in this
  • #2
    bohoki
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2006
    • 20826

    basically there is a rod that goes from the trigger to the sear area and you can see the stock covers up the origonal trigger

    don't want my cheek that close to the action

    Comment

    • #3
      Capt_Communist
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2009
      • 851

      True true... anyone fired one of these???? pros cons?

      Comment

      • #4
        nicoroshi
        www.Buildyourownak.info
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Jan 2009
        • 3696

        Although they look kind of cool I have to agree with bohoki on the cheek weld required when in that configuration.
        I have heard (take this for what it's worth......pure hearsay as I haven't shot one) that the trigger pull on them with the rod set up is absolutely horrendous.

        >>>>>My Build Your Own AK eBooks<<<<<

        Comment

        • #5
          bigthaiboy
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2007
          • 4795

          This kit comes with everything you need to build an AK bullpup: http://www.centerfiresystems.com/STKAKA-BP.aspx

          It is the same kit once sold by K-Var, but is now being used by Century Arms to build their bullpup AKs. I don't believe these are a big seller for Century. I've seen them in the flesh, but never fired one. The plastic panels looks cheap and from what I've heard the trigger conversion feels awful. Also remember that this AK bullpup is only 27" OAL, so you would have to find at least a 3" barrel extension.

          Life can make you do many things, even kiss a man with a runny nose.

          Comment

          • #6
            uxo2
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2008
            • 4003

            Dont forget the Commiefornia
            No less than 30inches.
            Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
            Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
            One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.
            George Patton

            Comment

            • #7
              wilit
              Calguns Addict
              • Dec 2005
              • 5213

              Originally posted by bigthaiboy
              This kit comes with everything you need to build an AK bullpup: http://www.centerfiresystems.com/STKAKA-BP.aspx

              It is the same kit once sold by K-Var, but is now being used by Century Arms to build their bullpup AKs. I don't believe these are a big seller for Century. I've seen them in the flesh, but never fired one. The plastic panels looks cheap and from what I've heard the trigger conversion feels awful. Also remember that this AK bullpup is only 27" OAL, so you would have to find at least a 3" barrel extension.
              Yep, had someone in another state confirm the OAL is 27". Finding a 3" muzzle extension is difficult at best.
              "If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.
              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin
              "You have to be willing to swing your nuts like a deadblow hammer to put these jackasses in their place." - AJAX22
              "The best defense against usurpatory government is an assertive citizenry." - William F Buckley Jr.
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                nicoroshi
                www.Buildyourownak.info
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Jan 2009
                • 3696

                Originally posted by wilit
                Yep, had someone in another state confirm the OAL is 27". Finding a 3" muzzle extension is difficult at best.
                Talk with Rick at Rick's muzzle brakes. He does custom length FH, and Comps. Nice turned, and milled steel ones.

                >>>>>My Build Your Own AK eBooks<<<<<

                Comment

                • #9
                  uxo2
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 4003

                  AMD 65 muzzle extension
                  Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
                  Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
                  One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.
                  George Patton

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1