Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

DPH triangle stock installation, AK74

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bigbob76
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2007
    • 3954

    DPH triangle stock installation, AK74

    Does anybody have experience with reaming the hole for installing the pin through the triangle stock and trunion? 69mach1 was able to get his fingers in to take care of the front latch axle and spring. I figure I'll deal with the folder before pressing the barrel in.
    If you can't explain it simply you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
  • #2
    4thSBCT
    Banned
    • Mar 2009
    • 2047

    I just threw the pin in the drill press and used a file on it until it fit nice. I just did a little at a time.

    Comment

    • #3
      bigbob76
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2007
      • 3954

      Originally posted by 4thSBCT
      I just threw the pin in the drill press and used a file on it until it fit nice. I just did a little at a time.
      I like the way you think, alter the cheapest part first!
      If you can't explain it simply you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein

      Comment

      • #4
        munkeeboi
        Veteran Member
        • May 2008
        • 4997

        Originally posted by 4thSBCT
        I just threw the pin in the drill press and used a file on it until it fit nice. I just did a little at a time.
        ^^^This

        just put it in the drill chuck and sanded it down until it fit!


        AK, AR, & Custom Featureless grip wraps
        iTrader Thread

        Comment

        • #5
          bigbob76
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2007
          • 3954

          I've got the pin in now. I'm doing the fitting on the push button now. Do you know if the right side of the button should be flush or protrude slightly?
          If you can't explain it simply you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein

          Comment

          • #6
            69Mach1
            Super Moderator
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Jan 2006
            • 15032

            They protruded on both sides , the dph arms are like that.
            sigpic
            69Mach1
            munkeeboi
            TURBOELKY
            antix2
            WTSGDYBBR
            tujungatoes
            jmpgnr24K

            Comment

            • #7
              bigbob76
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2007
              • 3954

              Originally posted by 69Mach1
              They protruded on both sides , the dph arms are like that.
              Great, thanks very much. I'll just finish up with a needle file to make it smooth and move on to wrestling with the spring then.
              If you can't explain it simply you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein

              Comment

              • #8
                The Bacon Eater
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2007
                • 2332

                If you are going to use the dph folder with trunnion it will need to be heat treated. Here is a thread on ar15.com about them. I dont personally have one, so I cannot validate if this is true or not, but hopefully this will help you.
                Calguns member formerly known as Long Beach

                Comment

                • #9
                  bigbob76
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2007
                  • 3954

                  Originally posted by Long Beach
                  If you are going to use the dph folder with trunnion it will need to be heat treated. Here is a thread on ar15.com about them. I dont personally have one, so I cannot validate if this is true or not, but hopefully this will help you.
                  http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=4&f=51&page=2
                  Thanks very much. We found out the hard way. We squished one soft trunion into paperweight status. I sent another one off for heat treating. I just finished getting the last spring and pin in and it all seems to work good after a little Dremel and file work. After I press the barrel in, sandblast, and paint I'll post pics. It wouldn't be a good deal for people that just want a drop in installation.
                  If you can't explain it simply you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    The Bacon Eater
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2007
                    • 2332

                    Originally posted by bigbob76
                    Thanks very much. We found out the hard way. We squished one soft trunion into paperweight status. I sent another one off for heat treating. I just finished getting the last spring and pin in and it all seems to work good after a little Dremel and file work. After I press the barrel in, sandblast, and paint I'll post pics. It wouldn't be a good deal for people that just want a drop in installation.
                    No problem. I almost took the plunge with dph, but found a better one at arms of america
                    Arms of America is a 100% US Military Veteran owned and operated AK Rifles and firearms business in Texas. Call us today!
                    Calguns member formerly known as Long Beach

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      4thSBCT
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 2047

                      Originally posted by Long Beach
                      No problem. I almost took the plunge with dph, but found a better one at arms of america
                      http://www.armsofamerica.com/ak47partstools/stocks.html
                      are you sure those arent the same stock dph has? I would be curious to see some pics if you have any

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        The Bacon Eater
                        Senior Member
                        • Mar 2007
                        • 2332

                        Im not sure. I have not purchased it yet. Im going to call and ask before i take the plunge. Thanks
                        Calguns member formerly known as Long Beach

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          munkeeboi
                          Veteran Member
                          • May 2008
                          • 4997

                          I spoke to someone who bought from them. They have the sane "W/O" on the truinnion -- DPH or same manufacturer as dph with improper heat treating. I bought from centerfire and dph abs both were exactly the same with the same potential issues


                          AK, AR, & Custom Featureless grip wraps
                          iTrader Thread

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            The Bacon Eater
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2007
                            • 2332

                            Originally posted by munkeeboi
                            I spoke to someone who bought from them. They have the sane "W/O" on the truinnion -- DPH or same manufacturer as dph with improper heat treating. I bought from centerfire and dph abs both were exactly the same with the same potential issues
                            Good to know. Thank you
                            Calguns member formerly known as Long Beach

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1