Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

bubba tokarev, can it be made?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Ryan in SD
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 1966

    bubba tokarev, can it be made?

    I know how silly bubba-ing a tok like this would be but I really really want a fun cheap plinker like this and there's nothing out there like this. Also I want a fun project to test my skills.

    The final product will probably have a lanyard(strap) instead of a vertical grip for legal reasons, however if the $200 tax stamp covers this, then I might do that but doubt it.

    Try to imagine a parkerized flat finish so all the parts match in color (wont look so god awful fugly)
    Last edited by Ryan in SD; 11-01-2011, 3:15 AM.
  • #2
    uxo2
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 4003

    I can see mounting a rail....Universal mount
    And also the barrel.....

    But the extended mag might be an issue..

    Finding one.

    Unless your really good at making your own out of 2.

    I do like the idea....7.62x25mm bad *** pistol...

    How about this to add to it.

    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
    Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
    One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.
    George Patton

    Comment

    • #3
      adamsreeftank
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2006
      • 2244

      The question is not CAN it be made, but SHOULD it be made.

      Comment

      • #4
        Ryan in SD
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2009
        • 1966

        Originally posted by adamsreeftank
        The question is not CAN it be made, but SHOULD it be made.
        The answer is no it shouldn't, but I can justify it since I dont have the money or means to build a complete gun from scratch. Starting off with a 200 dollar base is the best I can do. AND I really dig the caliber.

        Comment

        • #5
          nick
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Aug 2008
          • 19152

          Does SD stand for San Diego or South Dakota? If it's San Diego, you'd have to do much more than that.
          DiaHero Foundation - helping people manage diabetes. Sending diabetes supplies to Ukraine now, any help is appreciated.

          DDR AK furniture and Norinco M14 parts kit: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1756292
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            holyhandgrenade
            Member
            • Jul 2007
            • 374

            Something just occurred to me about the brake in the second picture: with that big of a brake on it you wont be able to get the bushing off to take it apart. And having a removable brake would be problematic as it would probably be threaded and we all know threaded barreled pistols are a no-no in CA.

            Also, the AOW tax stamp is $5. Assuming you can get one of course...

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1