Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Problem with my POF AR-15

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • k9fritz
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 3

    Problem with my POF AR-15

    To anyone who can help....I recently put together a POF lower with the factory recommended lower parts kit (DPMS). I then put my new POF upper on it. When the bolt is locked back and I hit the bottom of the VLTOR stock I have on it and the bolt releases. I tried switching out the bolt catch lever with a Bushmaster one, but I still have the same problem. Does anyone know what I can do to solve this problem ?
  • #2
    18sam2011
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2009
    • 777

    I have this same thing happen on both of my ARs... One is an LwRC and the other is a JJ armory lower with DD upper. I think it's normal.

    Comment

    • #3
      jaustin612
      Senior Member
      • May 2009
      • 981

      I'm in the military, every single m16 I've ever handled has done that. I wouldn't worry about it. My ar does it too, I have to smack the bottom of the stock pretty hard though.
      Originally Posted by compulsivegunbuyer View Post
      That Astra is a great gun for shooting hookers

      Comment

      • #4
        KALIDAWG8996
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2009
        • 705

        Its normal. If you have the bolt locked to the rear, and slap the side of your receiver hard enough with the palm of your hand, it wll release also.

        Comment

        • #5
          Reconsnake
          Member
          • May 2009
          • 261

          This happens because the bolt catch spring is trying to release the bolt, but it is caught on the bolt face. Once you release that pressure on the bolt catch, by banging the butt of the rifle on the ground, it takes the pressure off the catch and allows it to return to its default state; unlocked, sending the bolt home. Now, if there is an empty magazine in the mag well, the magazine spring and follower put opposing pressure, keeping the bolt catch in place. If you insert a empty magazine, and then you attempt to bang the butt of the rifle on the ground with bolt locked open, you will notice the bolt does not release. This is completely normal operation. Nothing to worry about.
          NRA Benefactor Member
          SAF Life Member
          CGF Supporter
          CAL-FFL Member
          Firearms Policy Coalition Supporter

          Comment

          • #6
            Muaythaishooter
            Member
            • May 2010
            • 108

            It happens on all 3 of my AR's. My RRA is easier to release than my Stag M8 and my LWRC. It takes a really hard knock or a few to release on my pistons.

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1