Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Great Job JB!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • CRTguns
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2006
    • 2627

    Great Job JB!

    Words failed me when a customer brought this in...
  • #2
    johnthomas
    Calguns Addict
    • Mar 2009
    • 7001

    Care to explain? Looks like a shotgun barrel that has been messed up.
    I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

    Comment

    • #3
      gottarollwithit
      Member
      • Aug 2006
      • 461

      I think that might actually be a split 12ga barrel that's been JB'd back together..... Scary.

      Then again, it is at the end of the barrell... but there's still a choke on it!
      The dude abides...

      Comment

      • #4
        CRTguns
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2006
        • 2627

        yeah- the thing blew out- he JB'd it back together around the choke!!! WTF?? Never though I'd see it. I here folks joke about it- but actually JB your gun together. The real amazing part- he says he's been hunting with it for 2 seasons like that!

        Comment

        • #5
          nicoroshi
          www.Buildyourownak.info
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Jan 2009
          • 3696

          Scary indeed.
          Suggest barrel replacement.
          JBWeld is good stuff but personally I would not trust it for that application.

          >>>>>My Build Your Own AK eBooks<<<<<

          Comment

          • #6
            Z ME FLY
            Calguns Addict
            • Mar 2008
            • 6590

            Originally posted by CRTguns
            yeah- the thing blew out- he JB'd it back together around the choke!!! WTF?? Never though I'd see it. I here folks joke about it- but actually JB your gun together. The real amazing part- he says he's been hunting with it for 2 seasons like that!
            Oh... no duct tape? haha

            Sad thing is someone will probably see that and think oh yeah I can JB weld my barrel together and it will end up BAD
            Originally posted by 69Mach1
            The virgin requires more work (don't they all )

            Originally posted by 69Mach1
            Z gets around. lol

            Comment

            • #7
              SJgunguy24
              I need a LIFE!!
              • May 2008
              • 14849

              Whats the barrel length? If there's enough there he could just lop that chunk off and cut new threads.
              There are 3 kinds of people in this world.
              The wise, learn from the mistakes of others.
              The smart, learn from their own mistakes.
              The others, well......they just never learn.

              "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death!"
              Patrick Henry.

              Comment

              • #8
                Kiba
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2006
                • 757

                I wouldn't trust the JB only... but if he put a hose clamp around the barrel in addition to the JB weld it should be good to go.

                Amazing amount of courage involved both for the guts to shoot the thing after the "repair" and also to let you actually see the repair!
                Last edited by Kiba; 06-14-2010, 11:43 AM.

                Comment

                • #9
                  saki302
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 7191

                  Kiba- you tookt he thought right out of my head- I thought it was missing the hose clamp too

                  I just repaired a GSXR exhaust pipe using POR heat paste, an extra metal plate, and a hose clamp. Works like a charm

                  -Dave

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    motorhead
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 2008
                    • 3409

                    at least reinforce it by wrapping bailing wire.
                    sigpic Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      SJgunguy24
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • May 2008
                      • 14849

                      Originally posted by motorhead
                      at least reinforce it by wrapping bailing wire.
                      Then the duct tape as a rust preventative
                      There are 3 kinds of people in this world.
                      The wise, learn from the mistakes of others.
                      The smart, learn from their own mistakes.
                      The others, well......they just never learn.

                      "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death!"
                      Patrick Henry.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        tujungatoes
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Dec 2006
                        • 7942

                        ...and here i was wondering who i was gonna get to help me do my milled re-weld.

                        can you put me in touch with this guy?
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by Dr. Elky
                        If your a man who wears white sunglasses, your probably a douche bag
                        Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
                        I've been know to cross dress and go the other way at certain events.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1