Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

My Del Mar Purchase

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Norm222
    Member
    • Feb 2010
    • 176

    My Del Mar Purchase

    I saw this sign:



    So I got this for the SD BP:



    However, when I got home, I noticed this:










    The rear sight block is a little off. Also, I can't tell if it's the gas block or the front sight block that's off. Can this be fixed at the build party? I saw only three Romy G kits there, all with matching #s. Two were from one vendor with included receiver flat. The guy wanted $440, too rich for my blood. The one I got was more in my price range, $300. Looking back, maybe the more expensive one's would have been a better option.
  • #2
    mrlonewolf
    CGSSA Director - C3 Leader & Regional Gun Show Booth Coordinator (LA/OC/IE)
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Jul 2008
    • 4003

    It's fixable.
    Once the barrel pin and barrel are pressed out, the zero can be established and determine which pin notch needs to be worked.

    Edit: By looking at your pics, the rear sight block and the gas port are consistent to the left even in relation with the front trunnion placement, the front sight is canted to the right.
    You can establish your zero at the trunnion and work your way towards the front sight.
    Last edited by mrlonewolf; 05-24-2010, 10:41 PM.
    Would you like to participate in the Right to Keep and Bear Arms movement in California?
    Please visit the Calguns Community Chapter forum for your area and sign the roll call
    California needs YOU.


    sigpic

    Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable. George S. Patton

    Comment

    • #3
      tlillard23
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2006
      • 1446

      Fixable? Shoot it NNOOOOOOOOOOOB!

      Just shoot it, see what happens. It might be dead nutz.

      Comment

      • #4
        mrlonewolf
        CGSSA Director - C3 Leader & Regional Gun Show Booth Coordinator (LA/OC/IE)
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Jul 2008
        • 4003

        You are missing one axis pin and discard the springs that you don't need/want in your possession.
        Would you like to participate in the Right to Keep and Bear Arms movement in California?
        Please visit the Calguns Community Chapter forum for your area and sign the roll call
        California needs YOU.


        sigpic

        Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable. George S. Patton

        Comment

        • #5
          Norm222
          Member
          • Feb 2010
          • 176

          Originally posted by mrlonewolf
          It's fixable.
          Once the barrel pin and barrel are pressed out, the zero can be established and determine which pin notch needs to be worked.

          Edit: By looking at your pics, the rear sight block and the gas port are consistent to the left even in relation with the front trunnion placement, the front sight is canted to the right.
          You can establish your zero at the trunnion and work your way towards the front sight.
          Cool, thanks.

          Originally posted by tlillard23
          Fixable? Shoot it NNOOOOOOOOOOOB!

          Just shoot it, see what happens. It might be dead nutz.
          LOL. That's right it's an AK.

          Originally posted by mrlonewolf
          You are missing one axis pin and discard the springs that you don't need/want in your possession.
          I just found two more pins in the bag. Which springs do I need to get rid of?

          Comment

          • #6
            Flying_clutchman
            Member
            • Oct 2009
            • 427

            did you buy that from the solar tactical table?
            "I believe that forgiving them is God's function. Our job is simply to arrange the meeting." -Gen. N. Schwarzkopf

            Comment

            • #7
              Norm222
              Member
              • Feb 2010
              • 176

              Originally posted by Flying_clutchman
              did you buy that from the solar tactical table?
              No. I was looking at those. They were the ones for $440. I got my mine from a guy at the opposite end of the hall.

              Comment

              • #8
                Flying_clutchman
                Member
                • Oct 2009
                • 427

                Did he have a lot of kits? I was looking for one for the SD build party but only saw the Solar tactical table. I thought the price was a bit high.
                "I believe that forgiving them is God's function. Our job is simply to arrange the meeting." -Gen. N. Schwarzkopf

                Comment

                • #9
                  Norm222
                  Member
                  • Feb 2010
                  • 176

                  Originally posted by Flying_clutchman
                  Did he have a lot of kits? I was looking for one for the SD build party but only saw the Solar tactical table. I thought the price was a bit high.
                  Yeah, it was high. $440 for a kit and a flat. He said he had two available.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1