Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Castle Nut got loose

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ericneth63
    Member
    • Jan 2010
    • 143

    Castle Nut got loose

    I am fairly new to working on AR's so replaced my buffer tube with a Mil Spec version ans installed a Magpul ASAP plate. I hand tightened the castle nut buy after shooting around rds i noticed the nut was loose. Whats the best way to make sure this does not happen again. Thanks all
  • #2
    Noobert
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 3342

    stake it
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Copy and paste this bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.!!!

    Comment

    • #3
      Sonic_mike
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      • Aug 2009
      • 3483

      Originally posted by Noobert
      stake it
      stake the castle nut

      or blue loctite

      Comment

      • #4
        Barabas
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2009
        • 3370

        Stake it like a vampire. Blue locktite is not for you.

        Comment

        • #5
          ar15barrels
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jan 2006
          • 57175

          Originally posted by ericneth63
          I hand tightened the castle nut buy after shooting around rds i noticed the nut was loose.
          Whats the best way to make sure this does not happen again.
          Don't listen to any of these guys.
          They all had it wrong.
          Properly tighten it and THEN stake it.
          Randall Rausch

          AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
          Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
          Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
          Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
          Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1