I have a Belgium made Browning 7mm Mag that I am redoing the stock finish. The original finish was high gloss and was fracturing and looking bad so I stripped it clean and have been doing the fine sanding to get the wood right. I took it outside today get a closer look in the sun before I start applying the true oil finish. I have noticed that there is a hairline crack from the aft action pillar heading back through the grip. With some research I have found that these stocks were salt cured which tended to cause rusting on the barrel and action assembly. Unfortunately I do have a little that I hope I have taken care of.
Anyway, Should I continue with the refinish with the crack or get a new stock.
And, Where can I get a new stock. The gun being a magnum has three pillar screws, two on the action and one on the barrel pillar.
The serial number is 574XX L70.
Any help on a new stock or any suggestions are appreciated
Thanks Henry
Anyway, Should I continue with the refinish with the crack or get a new stock.
And, Where can I get a new stock. The gun being a magnum has three pillar screws, two on the action and one on the barrel pillar.
The serial number is 574XX L70.
Any help on a new stock or any suggestions are appreciated
Thanks Henry
