Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

HELP!!! TGI PSL Romanian Receiver Scope Rail Problem

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • JohnBrian
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2003
    • 1204

    HELP!!! TGI PSL Romanian Receiver Scope Rail Problem

    I ordered one of the PSL kits & a Romanian receiver that TGI was offering a couple of weeks ago. I then purchased an LPS 4x6 TIP 2 scope off eBay. I attempted to put the scope on the receiver but the scope's mount is too small to fit on the receiver's rail. However, it will fit the mount on the receiver section from the TGI PSL/FPK parts set which sort-of tells me that the correct mount is installed on the scope.

    You can see in the pic below the larger upper dovetail of the rail on the receiver compared to the thinner upper dovetail on the receiver section from the kit.

    So, anybody know what rail is installed on my receiver & what mount I should buy?

    Or, maybe I have to file the upper rail?

    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
  • #2
    Hoop
    Ready fo HILLARY!!
    • Apr 2007
    • 11544

    You did try to adjust the scope mount right? If so filing the rail might be the ticket.

    Rails being out of spec is one of the things to watch for on a psl.

    edit: after looking at it again I would just consider sending it back if you can, something about that rail doesn't look quite right.

    Comment

    • #3
      69Mach1
      Super Moderator
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Jan 2006
      • 15032

      Originally posted by JohnBrian
      I ordered one of the PSL kits & a Romanian receiver that TGI was offering a couple of weeks ago. I then purchased an LPS 4x6 TIP 2 scope off eBay. I attempted to put the scope on the receiver but the scope's mount is too small to fit on the receiver's rail. However, it will fit the mount on the receiver section from the TGI PSL/FPK parts set which sort-of tells me that the correct mount is installed on the scope.

      You can see in the pic below the larger upper dovetail of the rail on the receiver compared to the thinner upper dovetail on the receiver section from the kit.

      So, anybody know what rail is installed on my receiver & what mount I should buy?

      Or, maybe I have to file the upper rail?


      It looks like the rail still needs to be trimmed/dovetailed.
      sigpic
      69Mach1
      munkeeboi
      TURBOELKY
      antix2
      WTSGDYBBR
      tujungatoes
      jmpgnr24K

      Comment

      • #4
        hoozaru
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2007
        • 1712

        didn't another member complain about TGI PSL scope mount or POSP scope cannot fit the other day?

        Comment

        • #5
          JohnBrian
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2003
          • 1204

          Looks like I need to get out the Dremel & some files!
          THIS SPACE FOR RENT

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1