Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

How do I remove springfeild arms ambidextrous safety

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • JaMail
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 1897

    How do I remove springfeild arms ambidextrous safety

    Im replacing my springfield arms ambi with this



    I havent been able to find anything on it, is that because its pretty easy? do i need to strip it down to do so?


    thanks in advance for the help
    Jason M- My 5 year old is a NRA life member, are you?

    WTB: Stoeger Condor Competition Combo (I'll trade 1911's or other handguns)
  • #2
    ojisan
    Agent 86
    CGN Contributor
    • Apr 2008
    • 11781

    Most ambi safeties have a tab on the right half that goes under the right grip panel.
    So, remove the right grip panel and pull the right half of the safety straight out to the side.
    Left side removal is the same procedure as the original single sided safety.
    Trigger cocked, safety half way up, pull out.
    If the grip safety slips out of place and the leaf spring inside flips sideways when the left half of the safety is removed, then often it is easiest to just start at the beginning of the parts assembly cycle...meaning, yes, pieces inside will come out and need to be put back together again in the correct position and order.
    You may also find that minor fitting of the new safety is needed both inside and outside for proper function.
    Last edited by ojisan; 11-20-2009, 6:14 PM.

    Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
    I don't really care, I just like to argue.

    Comment

    Working...
    UA-8071174-1